CH | 18

The night was so dark with the moon almost invisible in the sky, and the chilly breeze with empty streets felt so serene.

The darkness on the outside was no match with the dark aura emanating from Jwalin making Pranavi tremble in alarm.

Reaching the Oberoi Mansion, Jwalin gave a deadly glance at Pranavi and said in a stern tone, his eyes cold, "You better behave if you don't want to piss me off anymore."

With that, he stepped out, while Pranavi was dumbfounded by his threats. She couldn't help but wonder, "What did I do that made him so offended?"

As if on cue, her inner voice chided, "It's been two freaking days since you disappeared from his house, and you didn't even inform them!"

In her defense, she thought, "How could I when I didn't have their contact details?"

"You could get them!" Her subconscious pointed cleverly.

She huffed in exclamation while stroking her hands to provide warmth in the freezing wind, "It's not like I could directly come in contact with them whenever I wanted to!"

Stepped down while she was drowning in her thoughts, a question stuck in her mind, her brows narrowed, "how did he find me out?"

"You fool. With his resources and power, it'd be as easy as finding a person next door for jwalin." Her inner voice mocked her stupidity, and Pranavi scratched her forehead in annoyance.

Licking her lips, while sighing, "Let's see what awaits me."

Striding into their room, which was brightly lit, and not a thing was out of place, showing the freaking cleanliness of Jwalin.

Pranavi saw Jwalin sitting on the huge sofa with his legs crossed, one hand resting on his chin and the other on the sofa handle like a royal king.

His aloofness, with his charming features, his chiseled jaw, and hair neatly touseled, made him alluring but remembering the cause, she gulped hard in fear.

The moment his eyes met her brown eyes, she stopped in her tracks, her breath hitched in anxiety, gazing at his dangerously serious expression.

They were staring at each other as if a staring competition was going on between them. The tension was becoming thick in the room that could be even cut with a knife.

Well, mostly for Pranavi, because she didn't know what Jwalin had in store for her.

With his unwavering gaze, while observing her every detail by trailing his eyes on her, Pranavi became uncomfortable and averted his gaze from him.

She stood there rooted in her tracks, waiting for something to hear from Jwalin, but got none.

Then she understood how scary Jwalin's quietness could be! Well, Jwalin himself was terrifying, let alone his silence!

She shivered under his piercing glare. If looks could kill, she'd be dead by now.

Unable to bear it any longer, she bit her inner cheek and held her T-shirt tightly. Inhaling a sharp breath, she decided to walk away.

The moment she stepped out of his sight, his gruff masculine voice penetrated her ears, making her halt in her steps, "did I say you could move?"

Hearing that, her breath paused, and she froze, not daring to turn and face Jwalin.

That voice itself sent chills to her, and her hair stood on her hands and neck in fear.

Eyeing at her statued silhouette, Jwalin stood up, hands tucked in his pockets, walked to her in predatory steps, and stopped at her back.