CH | 31

Pranavi ran to her room while wiping her tears and quickly changed herself into ripped blue jeans, with a white top and a jean blazer.

Without turning back, she left the villa and hopped into a taxi, and remembered what Veer had said earlier.

With a sigh, she messaged Veer, "There's some emergency. I can't meet you now."

Immediately, her screen lit up, "Oh, no! Let me talk with the professor, and I'll let you know the plan."

"Sure," Pranavi replied and shut her mobile screen off and rubbed her temples while the panic in her heart hadn't subsided yet.

Anger surged in her veins, her eyes were red with hidden rage, and she mumbled, "How dare you, Jwalin?"

"How dare you behave like that with me?" She couldn't help but think back to what happened between them.

"Did I miss out on something?" She questioned herself in disbelief as the words stuck in her head, "I'm your husband for a lifetime!"

"Lifetime, my foot. I won't be with you for a day after what you did, let alone a lifetime! I'll go to Aarushi, right now." A determination was settled in her, and she dialed Aarushi without any delay.

"Yes, Duffer?" Aarushi asked while shuffling sounds of paper could be heard.

"We need to meet." Pranavi said in her calm tone when Aarushi frowned, sensing the strangeness in Pranavi, and queried, "What's wrong?"

"I'll talk face to face." Pranavi quickly said and hung up, making Aarushi scowl, "Did something happen?" She questioned herself when she settled on her chair and pondered with a hand on her chin.

They both knew where the location would be since it was their usual place and instantly, Aarushi wrapped her work and hopped in her car.

At Roastery Coffee House

Pranavi strode to the corner table and settled herself in the chair with her eyes closed, her head resting on the headrest.

The place appeared cozy with all the wooden tables and chairs, artistic wall hangings with a hit of nostalgia, surrounded by greenery provided her much-needed relief.

With a heavy sigh, she clenched her fists as the images of what happened popped into her head, and she cursed, "Who wants to be at your mercy, Jwalin Oberoi?"

Soon, Aarushi saw Pranavi sitting in their usual spot and sat down while observing Pranavi.

Seeing the drooping lips, disappointed gaze, and her fiddling fingers, Aarushi guessed something might have happened between Pranavi and Jwalin.

"What happened?" Aarushi questioned straight to the point since there was no need for them to talk in the rounds.

"I want a divorce. Apply for it." Pranavi said in her firm tone, making Aarushi spit the water she was drinking and gazed at Pranavi as if she had grown two heads.

"Girl, would you tell me what happened first? Then we would think of the solution." Aarushi said, trying to convince the stubborn Pranavi, whose nose was red with flaring anger.

"He hates me, and we could never be happy together," Pranavi added when a pang of pain hit her heart but quickly covered it as if it didn't affect her.

Hearing that, Aarushi asked, trying to add some sense into Pranavi's muddled brain, "You already know that when you agreed to the marriage, then why do you suddenly need a divorce?"

"Yes, I know. But I never thought his hatred on me would be this severe so as to humiliate me and use me at the same time!" She scoffed at herself for the foolish decision she had taken!