CH | 75

Jwalin was taken aback because he had no idea that the girl, who appeared shy and timid, would suddenly have the courage to kiss him and try to seduce him out of the blue.

Although he was tempted, he was more or less angry at her and he didn't want to give in to his desires and let her off easily since he wanted to 'punish' her!

With that, he abruptly stopped the kiss and pushed her aside softly, and mumbled sternly, "Pranavi."

She didn't expect him to react like that and she felt wronged all of a sudden because as far as she knew, he was always ready to devour her senseless.

Slowly, she raised her eyes and met his onyx pools, only to see his jaw clenched and his nerves popping out on his forehead. He appeared as if he was suppressing himself and she didn't understand what was going on in his mind.

"Jwalin," She called as she blinked her eyes and stared at him while her amber orbs turned slightly watery with his rejection.

Jwalin was visibly annoyed because he didn't expect his wife to be a clingy woman as she had never done that before.

Although he was happy for her clinginess, right now he didn't want to indulge her and put on a stern face, making her annoyed and upset at the same time.

As he realized he would give in to the temptress sooner if he stayed with her like this, he abruptly stood up and muttered calmly, "Be good and take rest."

With that said, he tucked his hands into his trouser pockets and licked his lips when she held his sleeves pitifully and queried softly, her voice quivered a little as if she was afraid that he would burst out on her, "What's wrong, Jwalin?"

Hearing her question, he didn't say anything but his gaze landed on her tiny hand that held his sleeve and inhaled a chunk of air, "I have some work to take care of."

As the words escaped his words, her face lost its luster and she felt as if a bucket of cold water was dropped on her head.

Seeing her pale face, he pinched her chin and gestured towards the sofa, "I'll work from there. So call me if you need anything."

Pranavi was almost about to cry seeing him behave like that while his face was cold and she couldn't see the gentleness in his gaze. When she was about to open her mouth, his mobile rang, diverting his attention, and he muttered calmly, "I need to take this call."

Without even waiting for her response, he moved away, and her mouth dropped in shock because this was probably the first time she made him angry, and the consequences didn't seem to be in favor of her.

In fact, when she heard him admit that he was angry, she thought he would be easy to coax, but who would have thought he would become as hard as a wood that wouldn't budge!

"Damn, this arrogant husband of mine!" She cursed as she was at a loss of what to do, since never in her wildest dreams did she think of getting rejected by her husband!

What a pity!

And her mind ran a marathon while her nose scrunched up in irritation.

At the same time, seeing Jwalin out, Shreya and Aarushi came in, and they were stunned seeing the frustration on Pranavi's face, as they thought Jwalin and Pranavi had made up already as it's been quite some time since Jwalin stayed in the ward with Pranavi.

Who would have thought Pranavi would be still so dejected?

"How are you feeling, duffer?" They asked in unison and she nodded with a sigh when they raised their brows since they had no idea what was going on between the couple.