CH | 140

"As long as I'm alive, My heart only yearns for Jwalin. This is Mrs. Pranavi Jwalin Oberoi." Pranavi's words reverberated in the conference hall and for a while everyone present remained completely silent including herself as if the world became still for a minute. 

Except with her ragged breaths, she couldn't hear a thing and she could still feel Jwalin's hand squeezing hers was the only thing that made her remain sane.

"Is this a confession to Mr. Oberoi, Mrs. Oberoi?"

"You both seem to be in love and happy in your marriage. When are you planning to give an heir to Mr. Oberoi?"

"We heard you're still studying as well. Is that true?"

However before Pranavi opened her mouth to say anything, Jwalin showed his hand in the air shutting all their mouths and he announced, his gaze cold and deadly, "The press conference ends here." 

With a pause, he added while he placed his hand around Pranavi's waist protectively and stated, the warning in his tone was clear, "If I see any wrong information in the news about my wife or my to-be Sister-in-law, you're going to face my wrath head-on."

With that said, he pulled Pranavi with him, and with a nod at Jathin, he walked away as Pranavi was too shocked by what she did as well. 

"You did well, baby girl. I'm so proud of you." Jwalin placed a peck on her forehead the moment they were out of sight and she hummed while her hands held his sleeve in a death grip.

Jwalin eyed Pranavi who was in a daze and lost in thoughts and for a second he didn't know what happened to her. 

With a sigh, he made her sit in the car and asked to take them to the hospital as Deepak was waiting for them for the DNA test.

Staring at the busy roads blankly with Pranavi by his side, his hand resting on her waist, his mind was also in a mess as the questions about their married life and about them not getting pregnant yet made him think.

They never used condoms and they had a regular sex life but she was still not pregnant which made him wonder what might be the reason?

Not that he was in a rush to become a father or he had the intention to get her pregnant when she was still in her university. But in his heart, he would have been more than happy to get a kid of his and Pranavi's. 

However, they never had this conversation till now either and he decided he should have a talk with her about her thoughts on getting pregnant. If she's ready and is looking forward to the day as he does, then he will have to try harder to get them pregnant. 

But the choice will be hers as he had no intention of pressuring her about this when there are so many uncertain variables in their life now. 

...

The car came to a halt in front of Oberoi Hospital and he couldn't let her be in her world anymore. With that, he pulled her to his embrace swiftly startling her and a gasp escaped her lips.

"You alright, Baby girl?" Jwalin queried as she looked eerily pale and that was worrying him.

"I am." Pranavi managed to say but that didn't convince Jwalin in the least and he stared into her amber pools which were swirling with numerous emotions but he couldn't pinpoint the exact emotion that she was battling with.

 Seeing her, he traced her cheeks with his knuckles tenderly and whispered, "I love you, Pranavi."

Pranavi squinted her eyes and ogled at him dumbfounded when Jwalin continued, "Don't think about the nonsense they spoke. You know they aren't true and I am only yours as much as you're only mine."