CH | 7

At Midnight

Jwalin sat in his room holding a glass of whiskey. Looking at his disheveled appearance, his cousin, Deepak Oberoi's forehead wrinkled, "what's bothering you?"

 Looking at his disheveled appearance, his cousin, Deepak Oberoi's forehead wrinkled, "what's bothering you?"

"I don't want this marriage to happen. But there's nothing I could do to avoid it." Jwalin stated miserably.

"I heard from Uncle. She seems to be a nice girl, Jwalin. Give her a chance." Deepak pressed his shoulder while Jwalin shook his head in disapproval, "Never." He shouted and broke the glass in rage.

"I don't even consider taking that pretentious bi*ch as my employee, forget about it as my wedded wife." He yelled taking another glass from the cabinet.

Deepak frowned upon hearing that. He couldn't help but ask, "What did she do to you? Why were you against her? She's such a sweetie, you know? I can say that just by glancing at her picture!"

Glancing at Deepak, Jwalin scoffed in disbelief, "Hehe!!! I'm not liking her? You're wrong! I fucking hate her."

Seeing Deepak's wide eyes, he continued while lighting his cigarette, "And what did you say, she's a sweetie?"

Deepak gulped noticing Jwalin's temper, and remained silent.

Jwalin sneered, "No, she's just desperate to have me. You're all fools to think of her like that." He enunciated each word, causing a shiver in Deepak.

His chuckle seemed scary, making hell break loose any minute.

"This is going to be a huge mistake." Deepak thought, seeing his brother, "this marriage and their lives are doomed."

"Why did uncle force you?" Deepak asked, raising a brow out of curiosity.

"I don't know, but one thing for sure is, that I never expected him to threaten me using my position and inheritance. That bi*ch must plot a scheme behind all this." Jwalin stated in a hoarse voice while taking a puff.

"Why do you think it's all her fault? Do you think uncle was gullible?" Deepak stressed observing Jwalin's expression and continued, "Don't you know him well?" Deepak asked, as a matter of fact.

But Jwalin was hell adamant about his views, and he was trying to make himself believe that she was a witch who ruined his life in the name of marriage, instead of believing his father was the main culprit!

Shaking his head, annoyed, Jwalin murmured, "Just tell me one thing, Deepak."

Turning his gaze towards Jwalin, giving all his attention, Deepak answered, "Hmm. What is it?"

Taking another sip of his whisky, Jwalin reasoned, "Without Dad knowing her prior, is there any way he'd be forcing me like that?"

Tilting his head aside, Deepak thought for a second, "Nope. He surely knows her. I saw his proud smile when he was telling me about Pranavi."