CH | 54

Pranavi was disoriented as she strolled along the nearly deserted street alone, while Jwalin stood by, his gaze riveted on her despite being on the phone.

He wouldn't take it if it wasn't a critical one because he was concerned about Pranavi's gloomy disposition.

He hadn't anticipated their date to end up like that. Even though the meal was decent and they ate well with a little chat and humor here and there, he realized she was affected by their words and didn't know what to do to put her at ease.

When he said she was the beautiful woman in his eyes, he wasn't lying! Even though she wasn't the most attractive, in his eyes, she was the best in his eyes because she was the first person in a long time to make his icy heart feel something warm.

He himself didn't know how he had become like that, but somehow, he didn't even want to waste another glance at any other woman who wasn't Pranavi.

His gaze was drawn to her silhouette as the bright light illuminated her face, yet something about her didn't feel quite right to him, as if she had been bugged.

With all the pain and insecurities in her heart, he had no idea how self-conscious she was of herself. And when they pointed them directly in her face, reality set in, and she began to question whether she deserved Jwalin's adoration.

Because she knew she wasn't the best for him and that he could be far better off without her. But she was becoming selfish for the little love he had shown her.

She was starting to become greedy to grasp all of his affection and occupy a spot in his heart.

Was it incorrect? She inquired several times but received no definitive response.

In retrospect, she never had a family to call her own. Despite the fact that Shreya and Aarushi frequently accompanied her and were more like family to her, she still felt lonely at times.

However, when she started living with Jwalin, something changed as she began looking forward to being at their house on time since she knew she would be looked after.

Although they hadn't talked much previously, the thought of having someone she could call her own warmed her heart

And now when they both had become accustomed to each other and decided to finally give a chance to each other, how can she let him go?

Moreover, he had also stated that he would not ditch her. Is there any reason for her to be so concerned?

Yes, she was afraid of being abandoned, but Jwalin was a man of his words, and his actions demonstrated that he cared about her. She didn't care if it was love, desire, or whatever; as long as she had him as a pillar of emotional support, she was happy!

With that, a determination to grow into a strong woman and to be worthy of him flashed across her face. So that no one would make fun of him because of her!

As she marched further, she slid her fingers into her jacket as the chilly breeze hit her and raised her head to stare at the faraway sky. When she noticed the three stars, whom she usually considered her deceased family members, a small grin grew up on her lips.

He felt his heart thudding so quickly after seeing her grin after what seemed like an eternity, and his steps involuntarily drove towards her and followed her line of sight, but he had no idea why she was smiling.

He took a deep breath and thought about it, "Regardless, she smiled, which was a good thing. As for her reason behind it, I can gradually know about it as the time passed!"