CH | 16

At 11:00 Pm

After a long ride, Shreya and Pranavi reached their home, exhausted from the heavy pressure and work they had done earlier that day.

Striding to her room, Pranavi changed into comfortable clothes and drifted off to sleep, too tired to think of anything.

Oberoi Entreprises

After leaving Pranavi in her room, Jwalin went to his office to take care of his business meetings.

Since he didn't want to be near Pranavi, it felt good to him because her presence disturbed him.

He's unknown to the effect she's having on him.

Shaking his head to focus on his work, while raking his hands on his silky hair, he was immersed in the documents.

After a few hours, Jwalin stretched himself, grabbed a coffee latte, and inhaled the brewing aroma with a satisfied smirk on his lips.

When Jwalin was about to shut off his work and leave, Ashok almost ran to his room without knocking.

Seeing that, Jwalin's gaze narrowed, and with his legs crossed, he gave a sharp glance at Ashok, making him sweat.

Gathering his courage, he blurted, "Mr. Oberoi. You have an emergency."

Hearing that, Jwalin's eyebrows twitched, and asked calmly, "what is it?"

"Mr. Ujjwal Khanna was in an accident and is in a critical condition," Ashok stated the news and gulped hard. He knew how close Ujjwal and Jwalin were from their childhood.

"Where is he now?" Jwalin rose to his feet and grabbed his suit that was lying on the side of the sofa.

"He's in Oberoi Hospitals, Delhi."

Glancing at his watch, his brows scrunched, "10:00 Pm?"

Pressing his lips into a thin line, "Book me a ticket. Also, inform his assistant to keep the news undercover." Jwalin ordered and strode with his hands tucked in his pockets.

Under the narrow moonlight with almost no stars visible in the sky, the night appeared even darker.

Hopping into his car, he rested his head on the headrest, with his eyes closed, he was in his thoughts, "How did an accident happen to Ujjwal out of the blue?

"Was it intentional?" As the question hit his mind, his jaw ticked.

Nobody in his proper sense of mind would target someone who was dearest to Jwalin Oberoi because they wouldn't get any good ending.

Then who dares to plot such a thing under his nose?

Was it any indication to Jwalin that something was going to happen when he was still on his throne?

Jwalin rubbed his temples to relax, and a sly smirk settled on his face, "Let's see who will win in this game!"

He absolutely loved challenges, and he never lost one, but those who challenged him never lasted till the end.

They either admit defeat by falling on their knees in front of Jwalin or totally get ruined in the hands of Jwalin.

Jwalin doesn't give people chances. He never did. The earlier they understood that and behaved, the better it would be for them before it was too late to even have remorse.

...

01:30 Am, Delhi

Stepping out of the airport, an entire row of his personal bodyguards dressed in black followed Jwalin.