CH | 25

The next morning

Pranavi was rolling off her sofa, curling in the sheets with her eyes closed to have some more sleep, but that was the last thing on her mind and, let's admit insomnia, was her friend!

It was super hard for her to have a good eight to nine hours of sleep, and she didn't even remember when was the last time she slept that many hours peacefully.

Hardly if she slept three to four hours a day, it could be considered the best for her, and she got used to it.

Since she couldn't doze off anymore, she decided to freshen up quickly and left before Jwalin came in because she didn't have the guts to face him after last night's embarrassing incident.

Thankfully, Jwalin wasn't in the same room last night, or else she didn't know where to go to avoid him!

Shaking her head to divert her attention, she grabbed a maroon elbow-sleeve baggy T-shirt, and shaded jeans and quickly did her routine.

Soon, she was done with the slight make-up, painted her lips in the matching shade, put her hair in a half-open bun, and half-tucked her tee in her jeans to give her a bit of a stylish look.

Glancing at herself in the mirror, with a satisfying nod, she walked out of the Oberoi Mansion without even having her breakfast.

Eyeing at her watch, it showed, "07:00 Am."

"Well, it's not bad to show up early." She mumbled to herself and started walking lazily since she had a lot of time to kill before her teammates reached the venue.

The sun was still rising, and the breeze felt so refreshing that she couldn't help but inhale.

The fallen leaves on the roads showed the autumn weather with the clouded hues of blue in the sky and almost no traffic made it easy for her to stroll on the road.

When she was on her way with her headset plugged in, she saw a little kid being mishandled from far away, and upon observing the expression keenly on the small boy's face, it pained her.

Instantly, her feet drove her to the place where a bulky man held the small boy by his collar and was dragging him out while the boy was utterly terrified and was begging the man to leave him with tears in his eyes.

On the other hand, Jwalin was just coming in his car to the mansion to grab some of his needed documents for the day.

When he saw the familiar silhouette of his wife with a frown on her forehead, he asked his driver to slow down and noticed that she was going the opposite way.

His brows furrowed as he didn't know what she was up to, but decided to just observe her from afar because it wouldn't do him any bad, and it might help him understand who she really is!

With that, he asked the driver to slowly follow her and slid down his window slightly to grasp what was going on with the bulky man and 'his wife'.

Pranavi gazed at the bulky man and asked, "What are you doing, Mr?"

Hearing someone interrupting him, he narrowed his gaze, "It's none of your business, Miss."

Her brows twitched, and she eyed the trembling kid, inhaled a deep breath, and retorted sharply, "Well, when you're mishandling a kid, then yeah, it could be anyone's business."

The man snorted, shook his head, and began dragging the scared boy when Pranavi snapped, "Didn't you hear what I asked? Tell me what the kid did, and I'll let you take him."

Listening to that, the kid held Pranavi's hands and blurted in panic, his voice was hoarse and dried up, "I didn't do anything, sister. I don't know why he's doing this to me."