CH | 24

When the car finally stopped at the Oberoi mansion, Pranavi released a breath she didn't know she was holding and literally wanted to flee away from Jwalin because his 'hardened friend' down was poking her back, making all the weird feelings invoke in the pit of her stomach.

She wasn't a child to not know what exactly that meant and in what state Jwalin was in when his eyes turned a shade darker clouded by the mists of desire!

Although Jwalin stood to his words and didn't do anything except resting himself on her while his hands lay on her sides, still, she was still terrified of the question that was nagging in her mind, 'What if Jwalin lost control and pounced on her?'

Pranavi knew she wasn't a match for Jwalin physically, if at all, she needed to stop his advances, although she knew bits of Martial arts because he was much stronger, and she experienced his strength firsthand!

On the other hand, his proximity was affecting her and she was becoming all hot and bothered too, which was not settling well with her.

She had to admit that she was becoming fond of him, and it was becoming so damn difficult not to get affected by his charms, but knowing that equation in her mind itself frightened her to her core.

Though she wanted to get away from him, it would only happen when he permitted her to do so, but Jwalin being 'typical Jwalin', he didn't do that, making her frown.

From the corner of his side, he eyed Tushar Oberoi's Ashton Martini and it appeared that Tushar had just come home since Jwalin could see the driver taking the car to park in the garage.

Knowing Tushar was in there, probably sitting on the sofa in the living hall, and he would be going to meet Tushar face to face didn't settle well with him, but since he couldn't avoid it, he decided to be a man and suck it up.

Inhaling a deep breath, he controlled himself and had a sly smirk on his handsome face as his grip on Pranavi tightened, and he warned in her ear while brushing her contours with the back of his fingers lazily before he allowed her to step out, "behave properly."

Understanding the hint from him, she stiffened and nodded, to which Jwalin gazed at her skeptically but decided not to say anything.

Since he wanted to test how his 'beloved wife' was going to listen to his words and if by any chance she disobeyed him today in front of his 'dearest father', then hell would break loose!

While they were striding towards the mansion, his large palm rested on her small back, making her squirm, but after one sharp glare from him, she froze and didn't dare to move.

...

By the time Jwalin and Pranavi reached the living arena where Tushar Oberoi and his subordinate were seated and were discussing something with the utmost seriousness on their faces.

The moment their gazes met, a nerve-racking silence occupied the once lively hall, and it appeared the most attention was on Pranavi.

Sensing the piercing glare from her father-in-law, Pranavi gulped while her hands held her clutch tightly.

Jwalin halted his steps, remained in his usual cold demeanor with his one hand tucked in his pocket, and didn't even bother to interact with them because he knew they were used to his coldness.

While Pranavi was becoming a nervous mess with the attention from them, she awkwardly said, while her voice cracked a little, "Hello, Mr. Oberoi."

Hearing that, Tushar gave a displeasing scowl making her scared, remembering the warning Jwalin had given her earlier.

"God, did I do something wrong?" Her mind ran a marathon, but she didn't get any.

"Call me, Dad, from now on," Tushar added in his authoritative voice while standing up and coming towards her.