CH | 12

Jwalin rested himself on the bed, throwing all the rose petals on the sheet aside, and his thoughts went back to Pranavi.

"Why did I kiss her?" He questioned himself, but to his surprise, his mind answered, "Because you wanted to taste her lips."

"What the fu'k? I hate her. Why would I want to taste her lips?" Jwalin screamed at himself and pulled his hair in frustration.

His thoughts revolved around her crying face, smudged eyes, and lipstick wiped off, she appeared a total mess to him. "Her wails... Why are they distracting me? Why are they affecting me?"

"No!! I shouldn't be soft on her. She's a bitch and she will be a bitch to me. She didn't deserve my kindness." He told himself and she appeared in her greyish loungewear.

" He told himself and she appeared in her greyish loungewear

He remained dumbfounded, looking at her bare skin. She's not extremely gorgeous, but to him, she looked like an angel. "No! She's a devil." His mind screamed.

She went to the other side of the bed, and when he thought she was occupying the place beside him, she grabbed the pillow and quilt, making him stare at her in confusion.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asked, startling her. His hand held her wrist to stop her from getting away.

She's beyond annoyed at him, and in no mood to entertain him. So she chose to be silent, but poor Praanvi, that enraged him.

"I asked you something." He shouted at her and pulled her on the bed roughly, and she landed on top of him.

The position seemed too intimate for her and she immediately wanted to go away, but alas, she was dealing with Jwalin Oberoi, it was not so easy!

"Don't make me repeat, wifey." His grip on her waist tightened, and he caressed her cheeks with his other hand.

"I don't know you. I'm not comfortable sleeping in the same bed as you." She stated, gathering her courage boldly.

For a second, he's lost in her brown pools, the feisty nature with a tinge of innocence, the vulnerability in her, her shyness combined with fear, everything is visible to him.

She's like an open book to him, but he doesn't know the depths she holds in her.

"You don't want to sleep with me?" He asked, puzzled, while his jaw clenched.

She nodded.

"Then why did you marry me?" His forehead frowned with his brows furrowed together.

She bit her lips and kept her eyes down. Infuriated with her actions, "I'm not the least bit interested in you, remember that. Even if you appear naked in front of me, I won't fuck you." He enunciated each word with sarcasm dripping off from his tone.

All of her courage washed away hearing his words, and tears consumed her. She swallowed the squeals and tried to get away, and he left her, keeping a safe distance from her.