CH | 106

Tushar Oberoi climbed down from his car and his eyes settled on the magnificent mansion which belonged to his father, but he didn't remember when was the last time he stepped foot into it in recent years.

He was puzzled as to why his father, who had retired from everything, had suddenly called him to meet him, but he had no explanations. Helpless, he continued walking, his pulse racing as he knew that whatever the reason for the visit, it wouldn't be in his favor.

As soon as he reached the living hall, he noticed the butler pacing back and forth with an anxious expression on his wrinkled face as if something disastrous was going to happen since he knew that expression very well!

Eyeing the butler, Tushar's breath caught up in his throat as the realization dawned on him that the reason behind the visit would be no joke, and he strode further, letting his presence known, and the butler almost ran to him with slight relief settled on his face, and he greeted politely, "Mr. Oberoi."

With a nod, Tushar queried, "What is going on?"

Hearing his words, a troubled look settled on the butler's face and he pursed his lips for a second and muttered, "I'm not the one who is supposed to let you know about it, Mr. Oberoi."

Listening to his words, Tushar shot him a look, but he sighed as he knew he couldn't do anything to the butler because this man was following his father even before he was born, and being at odds with the butler definitely wouldn't do him any good!

Hesitantly, he climbed the steps, and with a slight pause, he knocked on the study room's door and heard a curt reply, "Come in."

Tushar took a deep breath and greeted calmly, "Father."

Seeing him, Ranveer Oberoi signaled with his hands to take the seat opposite him, and Tushar obliged, while the nervousness on his face was totally pushed to its back as there was no way in hell he would let his father witness it!

As the time passed by, none of them spoke; and the tension in the room was thickening; while Ranveer Oberoi was playing with the antique pen Pranavi gifted him weeks ago.

Seeing him, Tushar didn't have any clue of what was going on in his father's head, and he tried his best to act as if it wasn't affecting him.

After a few minutes, the Old Man finally opened his mouth, but his words made Tushar startle, "Why did you choose Pranavi as your daughter-in-law?"

Tushar squinted his eyes and he muttered in his calm tone, while his face was the same ice cold which resembles the Old Man, "I've already let you know about it, Father."

"Then say it again!" The Old man snapped and Tushar frowned but answered, "Jwalin would never take a fancy to her, and she wouldn't be his weakness as we all know the head of Oberoi shouldn't have any vulnerabilities!"

Hearing his words, the corners of the old man's lips turned upwards in a sneer, "do you think Jwalin doesn't like Pranavi?"

"I'm very certain that Jwalin was just pretending to be intimate with Pranavi in order to carry out his obligations under the contract," Tushar said while he crossed his legs and eyed his father.

"Do you think I would believe in the nonsense you're sprouting in front of me?" Ranveer Oberoi snapped, and Tushar almost shivered to see the viciousness on his face, but he quickly gulped down the nervousness and put on a poker face.

"I'm telling the truth, father." Tushar stated firmly when the old man clapped his hands in amusement, "Wow! Do you think you can fool me with that gibberish talk?"