CH | 11

Settling herself in the car, Pranavi felt suffocated because it hit her that she wasn't a Mehta anymore! Her brown eyes stung upon realization.

Moreover, eyeing Jwalin's stiff expression and his coldness, all the hope and pep talk she had with herself came crashing down.

Involuntarily, tears welled up in her eyes because although she wasn't happy at Mehta's, at least she was glad that she had a family.

But can she call the Oberoi's her family from now on?

Could she accept her new title, when her beloved husband hates her with all his heart?

As the thoughts kept hitting her, unknowingly Pranavi wailed in agony about her new life.

Glancing at her crying, Jwalin felt bad for her. But as he remembered how this marriage happened, his mind overpowered his senses. Soon the burning hatred in his veins multiplied, seeing her sitting beside him.

Her sniffs, her aroma, the sounds of her bangles, everything irritated him and drove him insane. He felt he was struggling with himself as a battle slowly started to develop between his heart and mind. But he chose to listen to his mind.

Peeping at her, his face remained blank, his eyes still cold with hatred conveyed in them. His jaw clenched, and adrenaline rushed into his muscles.

"Will you just shut your fu'king wails?" Jwalin yelled at her in his curt voice.

Startled, she gazed at him without making any sound. Seeing that, he snapped, "What?"

But she didn't answer his question, as she was lost in her world. That triggered his rage, he roared, "Enough with your filthy act. Don't you have any shame?"

She squinted in confusion, as if what had happened? Her muffled voice mumbled, "What did I do? Why are you shouting like that?"

"Don't you know?" His voice held authority and disgust.

She shook her head in denial, and he gave a dry grin that terrified the shit out of her. Pranavi reminisced, "I've never seen a laugh as scary as his."

Seeing her bewildered and frightened expression, he came closer to her, his hot minty breath fanning on her lips, and she gulped in nervousness while clutching her lehenga tightly.

He took her veil in one swift motion and she jumped in fear, averting her gaze. His presence was making her shiver with an unknown mix of emotions.

He held her chin with a firm grip, causing her to yelp, "Look at me." He said in a dangerously slow tone.

She looked straight into his eyes, and for once their worlds stopped. She's lost in his pools of dark eyes, which are terrifying yet comforting to her.

He gracefully traced his long fingers on her tear-stained cheeks, causing butterflies to do somersaults in her insides.

"W..wh...what ar..are y..yo..you...?" She stammered in his proximity as if a lump formed in her throat, but she got cut off with his middle finger settled on her lips, making her flinch.

His grip settled on her nape and he drew her dangerously close to him while her heart was beating as if it'd come out of her body with crazy thoughts.

His eyes gazed at every inch of her face with desire. His lips brushed lightly on her skin, and suddenly he left her feeling perplexed. She didn't even understand what exactly happened between them, and he shouted while messing with his hair, "Get out."

She controlled her tears with his harshness and looked through the window, and found the words, "Oberoi Mansion."

"He might want to say get down," she consoled herself and her wildly beating heart.