Day 28

There is a very thin line between thinking something and saying it out loud. On one hand it is still not right to think a whole bunch of mean thing about a person or anything in general. A bad thought is still wrong and it can do a lot of damage inside of you and make you quicker to think or say those things again. A thought can turn you away from God in a heartbeat if you let it. Thoughts can also come and go at random which means you have to be careful about focusing on God and not forgetting to talk with Him.

Words can hurt other and they can heal others. When you get a bad thought you just need to send it alway as fast as you can when you say something wrong it's a lot harder to fix. That may play into why saying out loud, without whispering, that you love God, believe in Jesus, and are a servant to the Lord can have such a big affect. I never acknowledged this I would say these things in my silent prayers and God heard them. But then one night I was walking my dog in my neighborhood without anyone else out, I was talking to God and I was saying my pray out loud. I can't explain why but looking at the stars and the deserted street I thought, why not and just spoke. I talked to God the whole walk and I felt as though I was talking with a friend more than an invisible being. I felt more connected to God than I felt when I said my prayers in my bed. I went out and did this almost every night, one night before I got home I said, "God I fully commit my life to you. I know you are good and will use me to the best of my ability to help the most amount of people." I'm paraphrasing but it was something like that, I went home that night and started this devotional book. I can't explain the difference between thinking my prayers and talking to the Lord.