Day 151

I was last driving through an elaborate Christmas light set up with many different themes such as dinosaurs, the ocean, the military. As I neared the end there was a small section for the nativity scene; there where shepherds, Mary, Joesph, Jesus, and everything else. Seeing how little of the display was focused on Jesus and the entire reason for Christmas it made me realize how much our society belittles Jesus until they see Him as close to irrelevant. He's actually the king, not just any king but the King who will reign over us forever in paradise, the King who created this entire world. For many people Jesus is born as a sweet baby on Christmas then doesn't matter until Easter where He's killed and resurrected then shoved in a box until next Christmas. That's not who Jesus is at all, He should matter in your life every day. Don't get lost in the selfish thinking of this world, who turned Jesus' birthday into a day you get whatever you asked Santa for. It's easy to buy into their way of thinking but when you do it's very hard to get out of it. Christmas is about the King being born in a barn to a young mother, it's about the faithful journey of a husband who wasn't the father of the bday but still traveled thousands of miles with his wife, it's about poor shepherds praising a baby, kings bringing expensive gifts to a peasant family in a barn because they recognized God.