Day 65

Temptation doesn't go away when you start to follow God, infant it gets worse because now you have God's rules to follow. You will always have temptations no matter where you are in life different things will tempt you. It might be something that is good but you take it way too far or something you can see is bad from the start but you still have the urge to do it. Temptations come from us, not from God or other people but inside of us. They come from a part of us that doesn't care about other or right and wrong and no one else is to blame for them. Whatever your particular temptation is its like a fishing hook, luring and enticing waking for you to take the bait and snatch you out of the water. At the end of every temptation there is unhappiness, death, destruction, hurt, and sin, no matter how good it seems that's all temptation leads to. Still some reason we think that this time there will be different results and this time something good will come out of the sin, but every time it still leads us back to despair. God gives gifts that are perfect they come with no strings attached, it's not some trap that's going to lead to more darkness and unhappiness. Turn towards Him for strength to turn away from your temptations.