2.18

Chapter 38*
Louis
Short Filler
And the song gives me the feeellls

I'm only 8 months pregnant, a few days ago we had a labor scare but it was only a false alarm.

Harry and I were working on the crib for our bedroom. Ever since reading about SIDS I wanted the baby to sleep near us for the first few months.

"Okay you done?" I ask Harry whose working on the legs. "Step 24 screw washer K with bolt z into port 3"

Harry sighs it was his idea to dump the screws onto the floor and now he can't find the right one. "What does it look like?" He asks.

I give him the pamphlet for instructions before leaning back on my hands the criss crossed position with my huge belly was painful at this point.

Once Harry is done he shakes the bars slightly to test the stability. "All done" he sighs tossing the paper and plastic bags into the garbage bin.

"Good job daddy" I say and he bows. "Thank you you're too kind"

Harry gets in bed next to me. "Are you nervous?" He asks rubbing my stomach. "Not for the delivery just the pain afterwards." I shrug.

"Which shouldn't be to bad considering it's a C section" Harry adds and I nod. "Can you feel when the baby kicks?" He says after feeling it himself.

"Of course...it's like stretching skin" I say and he grimaces. "Usually He or she kicks when it's time for bed."

"Must know I'm here" Harry replies and I roll my eyes. "Here we go" I scoff.

*

Harry was in his office typing away at his computer. While I was downstairs making tea.

"Your siblings are so excited for you to come out" I say turning on the stove. "I think you're a girl but your daddy wants another boy so I'll let him live the dream."

"If you are a boy which I'm sure you're not you'll love Oliver he's very outgoing and he's fascinated with science." I pour water in the kettle.

"But if you're a girl then Darcy will be happy, she too wants a sister. I'm sure she'll let you drive her pink Bentley every now and then" I chuckle leaning against the counter top.

Once the pot whistles I pour Harry a cup and take it upstairs. "Ow" I feel a sharp kick making me drop the tea cup onto the floor.

Harry rushes out of the office. "Where's the baby bag?" He says running down the hallway.

"And that's your father." I chuckle bending down to pick up the large shards of ceramic.

"He'll realize after a while that I'm not in labor" I sigh holding the railing as I go back down the stairs to pour another cup.

"There's no time" Harry says coming into the kitchen. Harry puts his arm around my stomach. "I'm fine" I say calmly.

"Another false alarm?" He sighs rubbing his hand through his hair. "Yes have a seat" I urge him into the living room.

"The twins were never this rough" he sighs dropping the bag onto the floor. "I'm not Cara....we're all different" I remark.

"I didn't mean it like that" he huffs. "I know" I reassure. "Just saying" I shrug.

* birth in next Chapter •