3.5

Dedicated to takemydrug

Chapter 44*
Louis

Few Weeks Later

Harry had left to pick up Darcy and Oliver from school. It was summer vacation and they would be with us for three months.

I wondered if Harry was honest when he said he'd try for custody. Soon they'll be teenagers and those are pivotal years.

"Mmm" Arlo hums from the carpet. "Can you say mummy?" I smile putting the folded clothes in the laundry basket.

Arlo just grins before rolling onto her back. Worth a shot

"You're big sister and brother will be here soon" I say taking off Arlos pjs she was still in.

I attempt to pull another shirt over her head but today's a no shirt day. "Arlo" I hum folding her shirt up.

"Where's my pretty arlo?" I say and she giggles.

Sadly she won't stay this little forever. "Look at that smile" I stand and put the laundry basket on the counter.

"Mum!" Darcy and Oliver come in the doorway. Harrys got their bookbags on his back and two suitcase handles in one hand.

"I missed you guys" I say rubbing their backs. "We misses you too" Oliver sniffles.

"Olly don't cry" I say. "You get to spend the whole summer here" I reassure and Harry nearly prys him away.

"Dad I can't believe it" he grips Harrys suit jacket. "Alright Oliver" He chuckles with a pat to the back.

*

"3 - 2 - 1 go" Harry says starting the timer on his phone. The twins were racing around the makeshift track Harry made.

"Darcy Anne takes the lead" Harry comments. "But Oliver Edward is on her tail"

Arlo watches with amazement as the two zip through the house on their cars.

"And it looks like.....a tie" harry sighs. Truly Darcy won but he likes to see their faces. "What? I won"

"No Darcy dad said it's a tie" Oliver crosses his arms. "Mum who won?"

I furrow my brows. "Oliver it was Darcy but whoever wins he next round wins the match" the twins jump back into their cars.

"Well played" Harry hums sitting on the couch beside me. "Somehow I'm always the tie breaker" I say and Arlo reaches for Harry.

"Hello little momma" Harrys kisses her cheek. "Watch!" Oliver yells crossing the line first.

"Haha I won" he says standing from the electric car. "Look at your son" I point at Oliver whose dancing about as he backs into Harry

"Oliver please get your arse out of my face" Harry says putting his hand to his face.

"I won Arlo I won" Oliver kisses her cheek. "I'm overweight" he huffs.

"You're out of breath from twerking" harry pulls his shirt for him to sit. Darcy sits beside me.

"Don't teach Arlo your terrible dancing" Harry chuckles. "Arlo will have Louis shape so she'll start twer -"

"Let's not discuss this" I say covering her mouth.

*

"When are you and dad getting married?" Oliver asks me. I was sitting on the bathroom counter holding his rubber bands.

"I'm not sure Oliver when the times right I guess" I shrug. Honestly the question was pestering me too.

"We've known you for three years" he shrugs. "I know it feels like yesterday when I first met you"

"And now we're in middle school and dad's getting old and we'll be adults soon" he lists running his fingers through his hair.

"But for now your just 11 so don't worry about adulthood" I reassure him. "But we'll have to find our own houses and Darcy will have her own family and then we won't be close anymore"

"You'll find a perfect girl and have a family of your own....or even a husband" I shrug. Oliver wasn't quiet sure and I didn't want to choose his preference.

"I don't want a husband or wife that's what I'm scared of" he shrugs. The room is quiet. "Oliver I said the same thing. I had never been in a relationship before and I thought it would be single forever"

"And then he met me!" Harry sighs happily as he leans against the bathroom door frame. "Actually your father met me" I correct.

"But don't give up you're too young to date but when the time is right you'll find someone"

"Who knows you might meet someone at the office? Or at a hotel?" Harry shrugs.

"What he means is you have many years before you have to worry about these things so enjoy being a young." I stand from the counter.

"Before I'm too old like dad" Oliver says dashing out of the bedroom. "Oliver" Harry chases after him.

Darcy comes into the doorframe. "What're they doing?" She asks jumping onto our bed.

"Your brother called your dad old again" I chuckle.

"But He is. He's older than you" she points out the obvious. "Well yeah but..."

"Darcy help me!" Oliver runs a circle around me before diving into the bed.

"He'll be tired soon" She reassures and soon enough Harry has given up.

"Can we stay here" Darcy asks. "Haha no ma'am" Harry says turning the light out.

"Why Oliver steals the covers" "Darcy snores like a pig" Oliver says oinking afterwards

"Well you look like pig" Darcy says smacking her brother with a pillow.

"And you look like pengu and you smell like fish" Oliver says and I shuffle between them.

"Alright knock it off" Harry says and Darcy misses Oliver hitting her dad instead.

"Oops" She stifles a laugh. "You know I didn't want to do this but you leave me no choice" Harry says throwing a pillow.

"Pillow fight!"