Bonus 9

Darcy's Breakup Setting - New Mansion Status - Arlo (4) Boy Twins (2) Oliver Darcy(18)

Darcy's Breakup
Setting - New Mansion
Status - Arlo (4) Boy Twins (2) Oliver Darcy(18)

"Mummy says I can have one peanut butter swirl but only after they've cooled down" Arlo says her tiny fingers grip the countertop.

(Who knows where I got that from?)

Harry was cooking dinner for the night and Louis was finishing a report. "Okay I'm nearly finished" Harry chuckles setting the cookies on a dish.

"Go get your brothe-"

"I HATE BOYS!!!" Darcy's voice rings through the house. Louis who was upstairs nearly pissed himself and cries came from the nursery.

Louis takes a breath and saves the report before closing his laptop.

"What's going on Darcy?" Louis asks swaying a distraught Rowan. Darcy just slams her bedroom door.

Louis wakes up Noah seeing as it was dinner already. "What's wrong with your sister?" Harry asks grabbing plates.

"Dawson broke up with her" he shrugs already finding his place at the table.

"Breakup?" Louis asks coming down the staircase with the twins. "How'd you know?" Oliver scoffs.

Harry puts Noah in his booster seat. "Thanks" he says. "You're welcome" Harry pecks his forehead appreciative of his appreciative son.

"How could she hate boys she lives with five" Oliver furrows his brows. "We're her family she has to love us"

"Giovanni is our step dad we don't like him."

"That's different" Harry helps cut arlos steak. "Not really Louis her step parent"

"Eat your food Oliver" Harry gives up on the conversation and sits next to Louis.

Harry glances up the stairs through the duration of the dinner. "Give her some time. She'll come when she's ready"

"Wow....you've had a breakup mum?" Oliver mutters with a mouthful.

Harry clears his throat and by that he actually chokes. "Yeah a long long time ago" Louis pushes the topic away.

The six finish dinner and clean the table. Arlo returns next to her father and eyes the cookie plate.

Harry rolls his eyes playfully and hands her one. "You've got something back here" he mutters reaching behind her hair to reveal another cookie.

"What how'd you do that?!" She exclaims. "Magic. Now find your mother it's nearly bedtime"

*

"Any luck?" Harry asks Louis whose changing into his pajamas. "No she wouldn't open her door. Figured she wanted to really be alone" he shrugs putting on a shirt.

Harry hums and changes also. "I'll give it a try"

Harry takes Darcy's plate to her room and two cookies. "Darcy can you unlock the door please?" He says after knocking.

There's scrambling then the faint click of a lock. "I brought you dinn-er"Harry stops when he sees the floor littered with hoodies beanies photos you name it.

"Thanks" Darcy says from her face in a pillow. "Do you want to talk about it?" Harry sits on the side of her bed.

There was a Polaroid of the two at what looked like an amusement park. "What's there to say? It's over"

"You could explain your hatred for boys" harry sits criss cross and Darcy sits up.

"Dawson and I were supposed to be high school sweethearts. We were supposed to elope and flee to the tundra and raise little snow bunnies"

Harrys brows furrow. "Elope?"

"Not anymore" she sobs and attempts to smother herself with a pillow.

"How did it happen?" Harry says taking the fuzzy pink pillow now damp with tears. "During lunch he said it in front of everyone"

"Is Dawson going to uni?" Harry asks wondering if he left because he would find someone in school.

"No his parents are pilots they're not as rich as us but he won't even get his diploma next Friday at graduation"

Harry scoffs "this guys a deadbeat he's not getting his diploma? Darcy you can do so much better." Harry says but it only makes her cry harder.

"Look you don't need a high school drop out to make you cry this much.....no I meant a high school drop out makes you cry this much?"

"Dad never mind" Darcy sniffles. "No I just think there's no reason for Darcy Anne Styles to stoop to Dawson's level you're much more important than that"

"Still Dawson was my first"

Harry raises a brow. "First what"

"Everything. First crush, kiss, hand hold" she sighs.

"He was my first love basically" "Yeah but not your last you're young you have a long time to socialize with people and find someone"

Harry cheers Darcy up and decides to head to bed. "Oh one last thing" he says and pulls the same truck on Arlo on her.

"I saw it between your fingers" she admits. "You've got to be quicker than that" she chuckles.

"Good night"

"Good night dad"

*

"Ay dios mio" Harry sighs laying on the bed. "Is she okay?" Louis mumbles the report had tired him for the night.

"Yeah she's fine. She'll understand that this is better for her later on" Harry yawns turning to his side so he's facing Louis.

"How'd the report go?"

Louis hums "I'll finish it in the morning." He responds and Harry turns out his lap. He had to work tomorrow evening and Louis worked that morning.

Harry sets an alarm for 5am two hours ahead of Louis regular schedule knowing Louis would fall asleep and forget and then his report would be unfinished.

"How'd your day go?" Louis asks with eyes closed his other hand finds Harrys.

"Are you sleep talking or genuinely concerned?"

Louis nose twitches before Harry feels him squeeze his hand. "I'm genuinely asking"

"My day was great started with a great wake up call from Noah, helped Arlo on her art project. Finished some meeting notes and ended with a teen heartbreak story"

"Sounds nice" Louis mutters. The two prolong the conversation for as long as they can seeing as it was the only time they'd had alone all day until they fall asleep Louis being the first to go.