Sakura

When Sakura was 9

"Chibi!" Sakura's older brother called out to her from the door waiting to say his goodbyes before he left to school in Tokyo.

Yes, he was going to boarding school and Sakura hated the very idea of it. Growing up under her brother's protective coat, she wasn't ready to send him away. Especially after their family newly moved to the Miyagi prefecture.

Although Sakura was only two years younger to him, she was the apple of his eye. He'd scare away every person that tried to mess with his little sister. There was a mess up with her admissions when she was little and she had to join a year early, technically meaning that they were only an academic year apart.

"I don't think she'll want to get out of her room. I'm sorry..." his mother began to apologise but he cut her off.

"Chibi is just anxious. I'll go upstairs and see her myself" he smiled at his mother and made his way back inside and to her room.

He slowly opened the door to see her curled under her blanket.

"Ch-Chibi..." his voice croaked in guilt and astonishment.

"I'm sorry, cutie" he peeled the blanket off of her and pulled her into his arms.

"Niisan" she said in her softest voice ever. "I'm sorry" she rubbed the tear stains off her face.

"Chibi! I'm always here no matter what! If there's anyone troubling you I'm only a phone call away! I promise" he hugged her tight.

"I'm sorry, niisan. I've troubled you" she smiled.

"Let's go before you're late!" She instantly cheered up and pulled him by his sleeve.

"Sakura!? He's gonna be late because of you" his mother lightly scolded.

"Okaasan, there's still time. I'll make it" he said and turned to her.

"Niisan, you're already a big boy" she said in awe "Good luck there"

"Chibi... remember what I said" he started his lecture again but she cut him off.

"I'm grown, too. Technically we're only a year apart" she pouted.

"Yare Yare..." his mother sighed. "Otosan would be so proud of you." She kissed his forehead.

"Ne ne... what will you get for me?" Sakura interrupted.

"Hooo... I don't really know" he got thinking "but I'll get something really nice for you"

"Thank you!" She beamed "will you make it to the volleyball team?"

"Without a doubt" he confidently said. "Chibi! You must join the girl's team in junior year. Kitagawa Daiichi's volleyball team is no joke"

"There's no way they won't take me in" she grinned almost scaring him.

"Okay, remember what I said" he kissed her forehead.

"I will." She smiled.

"No boyfriends" he sternly said scaring the living hell out of her.

"Niisan, I'm barely 10!" She yelled making their mother laugh.

He laughed it off waving his goodbyes and headed outside.

"Don't forget to call!" He heard the little girl yell on his way out and smiled to himself. He was still worried that they'd be going to different schools. She easily got picked on since she was used to his protective shield. He anxiously fidgeted his fingers on his way to Tokyo. The thought of going right back quitting boarding school also came to his mind but he shook it off. 'It's time she learnt' was all he could console himself with as he laid his head to rest against the widow blankly looking at the view outside the train.