Big Guns

Disclaimer: All these are purely fictional. Use of country names depict literally nothing.

So, with that given... thanks for 106k reads. Hope you guys are healthy and safe. ♥️

Finals against the Chinese team was their worst nightmare. They were very intimidating to even look at. It was always a battle between the two for a really long time. People crowded the stadium to see the wartime frenzy. Sakura hadn't seen so many people in one place in her entire lifetime.

"Sugoi" Sakura looked around in amusement

"Don't let the crowd get to you. Focus on what's in the front" Miori looked pissed as she walked past Sakura to call the toss. She wasn't angry, it was just the competition fury.

"She's right." Yuna said "Keep your eyes open for her handsigns, she's unpredictable in circumstances like this one"

"So you're saying two unpredictable players are better than one? Just great..." Sayomi scoffed.

"We're serving" Miori returned "Sakura, serve first" she said changing the entire rotation.

"W-What?" The others thought the captain was joking.

"Okay" Sakura simply walked away with the ball in her hand and they just looked back and forth.

"Miori!" Sayomi interjected

"She's the new one here, they don't know how she plays" she smirked.

"I hope she manages to sneak in a few points"

"She's #2, isn't she?" Miori smiled like the devil "The sniper better live up to its name"

The whistle silenced the entire arena. Sakura threw the ball high up and ran towards the line. She jumped as far as she could and slammed the ball. The ball felt just right in her hand and Miori's eyes widened as it vanished in the air. The other team was still waiting for the ball yo arrive. The referee blew the whistle indicating that Japan had scored the first point. The crowd blew up in cheer. "SERVICE AACCEEE!!"

"Holy cow..." Sayomi was shaking as she rested her palms on both her knees. "I'm just glad she's not on the other side."

"Sakura..." Miori turned around and grinned at her "Nice serve"

"Break her serve!" The other team shook themselves out of the jolt they received not seconds ago.

"You wish" Tachibana flatly said.

"Nice serve, Sniper!" Sayomi said.

'Which serve do I do next?' Sakura scanned the other side.

Sakura did a jump float serve and they managed to barely receive it. Tachibana spiked a direct and they bagged another point.

"Gaaak! This isn't the nationals! Why is she so reckless!?" Tetsuro was breaking apart in the stands while Kenma just shook his head in reply. He was used to all of Tetsuro's meltdowns by now. "Stop being a prick, Tetsuro" he softly sighed "She's doing fine"

Sakura then did her new serve. The one she evolved after learning Sakusa's spike shocking everyone on both sides of the court even further.

Sakura was just as quick and jumpy inside court. Her slide hits took them a while to counter. Her spikes tore through most of their blocks. Their double tosses were gold. The other team had some of the best of the best. They didn't just roll into the finals, they played like they had earned their spot. Sakura had left them frustrating but they didn't let it slow them down, it only encouraged them to push even harder.

"Easy there" Sayomi knew Sakura was overthinking.

They managed to receive Japan's serve the next time and land a point. Their ace was truly AMAZING. Like really tall, freaking nimble and had great force in her palm. She was unshakable. Their serves rattled Sakura's team even further and in no time...