Fateful Event

It had completely slipped her mind. What, you ask? She didn't know who the opponents were for Oikawa's match.

"Sakura chan... we can't find our manager. Could you get him please?" Iwaizumi politely asked her and she rushed to the corridors to find him.

'Such a fine time to go missing' she thought.

She checked every place possible.

'Where could Hoki have gone?'

She walked backwards bumping into a wall and lost her composure. She felt something wrap around her trying to keep her from falling. She opened her eyes to see that it wasn't a wall. It was a guy. A really tall one at that. Not to mention...

'SHIRATORIZAWA JUNIOR HIGH!!??'

Her eyes widened as he helped her up.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't watching" she bowed in apology.

"It's alright" he said. He eyed my jersey "Kitagawa Daiichi..." he mumbled "I heard about one of your teammates having a perfect jump float serve" he didn't say much but that was enough of an impression before he walked away along with his team. She was internally squealing.

They didn't exactly walk away. They walked into the arena only for the crowd to break into a huge roar.

'Oikawa Senpai! They're against Shiratorizawa?!'

The tall guy stopped and turned around to look at her before he went in. She didn't really understand the look on his face or why he did that, considering the fact that he was so quiet all the while. The moment before he walked in she saw the #1 on the back of his jersey.

'U. S. H. I... USHIJIMA!!!????' She palmed her mouth shut.

"That's... Ushijima Wakatoshi?" Her head spun. She almost downed THE Ushijima Wakatoshi right before the game and she was so guilty about it. She also wondered if that would be considered as trying to wilfully harm him so he wouldn't play. All those thoughts vanished when she realised she still had to find the manager.

Oikawa's PoV

Ushijima walked in like he didn't have a fuck to give. Damn, that asshole.

Their team hadn't participated last year so I couldn't even judge their skulls. Analysing it first hand was a really painful thing to do.

I looked around to see Sakura chan wasn't there. It started to worry me. I wouldn't want to see her in that kind of trouble again. My insides churned as soon as that thought crossed my mind.

"Where's Sakura?" I asked Iwaizumi.

"She went to look for the manager" he replied.

I'll just have to go look for her if she's not back in 5 then.

Sakura's PoV

I found the manager. Thank goodness I did. We were right on time, just before the match began.

Oikawa Senpai was smarter than I imagined. He was waaay too smart.

He also winked at me before his first serve and I almost exploded into pieces. Not only that, he always brought out the best in his team. But what was off in their whole set, more like 'who'... was Tobio. He was kinda being a dictator out there and Oikawa Senpai was ticked off the whole time.

I really wondered where it all went wrong.

Ultimately, we lost the game.