Nationals 2.0

Sakura and Ushijima were now celebrated students at Shiratorizawa

Sakura and Ushijima were now celebrated students at Shiratorizawa. Especially Ushijima, the MVP, the reigning champion. He was really constricting heartbeats out there. The female attention during lunch only made Sakura scoff. She got up to leave only to have Ushijima pull her back into her seat.

"Why won't you sit with me?" He raised his brows. Nothing could affect him. Not even all the attention he garnered, not even the champions title could take his attention away from Sakura.

"Ushiwaka, you've made us proud" Tendou came in and patted him on the back, Ushijima blankly nodded in response. The big pile of fan mail made Sakura roll her eyes.

"Did you roll your eyes at me?" He asked in an intimidatingly low tone making even Tendou stop dead in his tracks. His blood ran cold when he heard the stoic, unresponsive Ushiwaka say that. He looked twice, no, thrice at him to see if it really was their captain.

"N-No. I didn't!" She squealed.

"Sakura!!! Our baby ace, we're so proud of you" Yoshia wrapped her arms around Sakura from behind "I hope you're ready for nationals!" She sang.

"Ahem" Tendou cleared his throat. Yoshia looked at Ushijima whose eyes were fixed on Yoshia's arms around his girl.

"Really, Ushiwaka? You're mad, huh?" she teased him hugging her tighter and his brows knitted.

"Yoshia! What are you-" Kiyomi stopped when she saw Ushijima's face "Is he... angry?" The other girls from the team thought they were dreaming.

"Yes" she turned back to him "Sakura's my girlfriend now, leave"

Shirabu intervened "Hey! Stop bullying our Ushiw-"

"Leave my girl alone" he flatly said turning his head back to stare at whatever was in front of him, his face still in a scowl.

Sakura was red in the face, she was out of words. The whole girls team let out a mute scream, their jaws dropping. Yoshia just stepped back before laughing her guts out.

"Oh, Kami" she wiped her tear from the corner of her eye "If anyone wants to get a reaction from him all you've to do is hug his girlfriend"

"Bad idea" he growled drinking his juice while still looking ahead, his face and tenor scared Yoshia for a second.

They were headed back to Tokyo the next week for nationals. Sakura was dead calm. After internationals, nothing could scare her.

Sakura woke up in Ushijima's arms the evening before she was leaving for Tokyo, her eyes scanning his gorgeously sculpted face to find him sleeping like the baby he was. He looked so calm she didn't want to wake him up. "Don't go" he mumbled in his sleep, letting out a deep breath.

"I won't" she whispered gently pushing his hair away before kissing his forehead.

"I won't be able to sit with you, babygirl." Ushijima was awake, his eyes still half lidded.