Bad Encounters

Sakusa's PoV

I shouldn't have judged. I really shouldn't have. Her serve was better than that of most guys on my team. Our team took a timeout and instead of listening to the coach I walked the other way. Towards Shiratorizawa, who were already hailing her. They stopped talking when I approached them.

I stood right in front of her and joined my hands. "I'm very sorry" I formally apologised and they all gasped. I could've not done that but it wouldn't do her amazing serve any justice. She should be the last person to be judged like that and I felt like crap.

I looked at her face, she was red in embarrassment. "You... didn't... really..." she was anxious. She was so different on court, but she was shy as hell outside.

"Sorry. I judged you" I said in all honesty "that was one one of the best serves I've seen"

I saw Ushijima's eyes darken.

"It's nothing, really" she timidly squealed and I smiled at her before making my way back.

I knew she was gonna be tough on us. Her service aces said it all.

"One touch!" Tendou confidently said and instead of receiving the ball, Sakura raised her hand and tossed the ball as Goshiki and Ushijima both ran towards the net.

Ushijima effortlessly broke through the blocks and landed his spike.

"Nice toss" he flatly high five-d Sakura. She was a damn good setter. She read all our moves. She was successfully predicting most of our spikes by just reading our moves. She would've been an actual pain at the nationals if she were a boy. Her communication with Ushijima was almost telepathic. All they needed was eye contact.

They won the round against us with a 32:30. The rallies were longer and she switched well with the redhead. The two synced well on court. She was an accomplished setter. But I remember Aiko calling her an ace. So what was she really?

"Sakura chan..." I called her as she walked out of the court. She turned around and froze when she saw it was me.

"What's your position?" I asked.

"M-Middle blocker" she said and I raised my brows. This was turning more confusing to me. Also fascinating.

"Aren't you the team's setter?" I asked her in sheer disbelief.

"Yoshia Senpai is our setter" she softly said.

"Interesting" I said thinking "I want to see your practise tomorrow" I said and she gulped, her cheeks slightly dusted with pink. She just nodded and walked away, still terrified.

——————

Aiko's PoV

Inarizaki was a pain in the ass. It was early in the morning and we were going to Miyagi in our bus. Why Shiratorizawa? Of all the other schools?

Also I wasn't ready to face them there. I really wasn't.

We reached the humongous powerhouse Shiratorizawa campus and everyone gasped in awe. It really wasn't the country warehouse we were expecting. Not in the least.

We walked towards the gym, my teammates still looking around in delight. It was so... green here. Unlike Tokyo.

I walked into the gym and froze.

Sakusa.

My ex.

Was talking to another girl in the Shiratorizawa jersey.

WITHOUT HIS MASK ON.

She was beautiful. Her long, silky hair that perfectly fell into place, moving gracefully every time her body did. She had the face of an angel, her dark eyes were beautiful. Her skin glowed. Like she had wonderful sex every hour of the day. She was blessed with a smoking body too. But I'm sure she's rotten on the inside.