A Little Twist

Sakura was rather quiet. She looked weird, staring at the lights, looking around at people, spacing out.

"Sakura chan... are you alright?" Her fairy godmother, Tendou, asked.

"Mhmm" she nodded, lost in thought. Her eyes were wide, like she was figuring something out.

"Do you... happen to be freaking out right now?" Tendou was skeptical.

"A little" she monotonously said.

"Ah... helps you think, I see" he looked at the direction of her sight.

"Hmm" was all she said.

The gallery was full to the brim. Tetsuro and Bokuto took their seats in the very front along with the rest of their teams. "Well, let's see how much she's improved" Tetsuro was mentally preparing himself for the surprise she'd give and Bokuto sat there there waiting for it.

"Ushiwaka, you might want to have a word with Sakura..." Tendou said and Kiyomi's ears pricked.

"Is she okay?" She asked.

"She's fusing" he said and they all gasped.

"How'd you know that? She looks normal to me" they saw her sat on the bench, blankly staring at the ceiling.

"She's become Ushiwaka." He said and everyone looked at him like he lost his marbles.

"What?" Goshiki didn't seem to understand.

"She's stoic" Tendou said and everyone took a step back gasping louder as Ushijima blankly stared at him like he was crazy.

"She's stressed, you say?" Ushiwaka asked him and he nodded. As soon as he was at a meter's distance from her he felt the aura change. She was softly hitting the back of her head against the wall looking at the ceiling without an emotion displayed on her face. She looked possessed.

"Sakura..." he snapped her reverie.

"Hmm?" She looked at him with the same eyes and he understood what Tendou meant.

"Ganbattekudasai" was all he said. He believed in her, in whatever she was planning on doing and walked into the arena.

"Wait, that's all you're gonna tell her?!" His teammates freaked out when he nodded.

"Sakura, can you play?" Kiyomi was beginning to doubt if she really could.

"Yes" she said walking into the arena with them and the crowd fell silent.

"Kiyomi Senpai..." she stopped. "I'll like to be on the bench for a while"

Kiyomi dropped the ball she was holding.

"Don't let them get to you" Yoshia intervened.

"I need to figure something out" she answered.

"Sakura-"

"I don't like the tension"

"What kind of-"

"I'll sub back in as soon as possible" she silently promised, her eyes fixed on the court.

"Sakura, they're strong. We might-"

"If we lose because of me... I'll quit volleyball" she flatly said and they knew for real that her fuse had blown.

"Are you sure?" Kiyomi was against the whole plan. Seeing Sakura nod mindlessly she thought it was for the best. The whistle blew indicating them to assemble and the two teams bowed at each other.

Ushijima was starting to get a little worried.

"Something's not right" Tetsuro said, his eyes fixed on his sister as Bokuto looked at him and back at her trying to figure it out.