Spike Away

"Sugoi ne..." Goshiki took a deep breath "I'm jealous now"

That last part... would be more appropriate for Ushijima. He was rolling on hot ember when he saw Sakusa hold her hand. His intestines scraped when Sakusa rolled his fingers over her palm.

"Let's begin, shall we?" The coaches walked in.

"Arigatogozaimashita" she sincerely bowed. She couldn't have been any more thankful than she already was "I'm so grateful"

"No worries" he winked "as long as you treat me to lunch"

"Umm..."

"She's busy today..." She shot her head towards the other voice. Ushijima.

"I'm not actually" she smiled stepping away from him.

"That's settled then. Lunch it is" Sakusa and Sakura fist bumped before she walked away, her smile dropped as she shot a last glance at her "boyfriend" and he couldn't have been any more infuriated. His spikes and serves said it all. Not one of those could be blocked.

"Sakura chan..." Reon whispered "Did you say something to him?"

"No" she gently shook her head "why?"

"The ball's gonna burst" he gulped "I haven't seen him this pissed"

Sakura hadn't observed the game so much. She wanted to avoid even looking at the captain as much as possible so she fixed her eyes on Itachiyama's game instead.

And then it happened. The ball blew when he spiked.

"AHHHH!" The girls let out a shrill scream and Sakura jumped in her seat.

"OYE, OYE! Ushiwaka!" it was rare for Tendou to get pissed.

"Ushijima! Go easy on the ball!" Coach Washijo was still recovering from a potential stroke.

"It was old anyway" Ushijima flatly said.

"NUH UH!" Tendou held both his index fingers up and oscillated his hands at the speed of light "We got that ball just yesterday!"

One of the very few persons who realised why the super ace was so angry, was Aiko. She knew exactly what was happening. Her nostrils flared. 'What's so special about that brat anyway?'

"Sumimasen" he said walking back to his position. Sakusa knew just how pissed Ushijima was but didn't understand why.

Shiratorizawa won 3 out of 5 sets they played against Itachiyama. It was lunch. It was the time Ushijima dreaded.

Sakura was the last to walk out of the gym, apart from Ushijima. She walked past him like she didn't know him. But just as she did he grabbed her wrist and pulled her back, his intimidating figure scaring the life out of her.

"What are you trying to do?" He asked.

"What?" she was confused.

"You're flirting with Sakusa" he wasn't even going to play around.

"I'm not. I just learnt his spike" she raised her brow "it doesn't have anything to do with you anyway" she looked at her feet.

"It does" he said "you're my girlfriend"

"Last I checked I wasn't. Ask Aiko to kiss you goodnight from now" she timidly sassed and his grip around her arm tightened making her wince.

"Aiko? I thought made it clear when I said you're all I need" he snared and she gulped.

"Let me go" she tried pulling her hand back, but in vain. She really thought she could free herself from Ushijima's grip.

"Don't make it so hard" he said and she stopped struggling.