Promise

111k? I'm officially convinced that I'm dreaming. Also, this is chapter 86. Put up with me for another 14 please. Sorry and thank you. You guys are so precious I love you with all my heart. ♥️

Spring championships arrived too and Sakura couldn't be anymore restless, time was slipping from her grasp no matter how hard she tried to hold on to it

Spring championships arrived too and Sakura couldn't be anymore restless, time was slipping from her grasp no matter how hard she tried to hold on to it. She wanted just one more minute with Ushijima every time they had to part ways, she prayed to have been able to spend another moment with him. She showered him with all the love and care she could, he was her happy place.

Ushijima was concerned about the amount of stress she took upon herself. He'd be lying if he said it didn't bother him. He knew how hard it would be making time for her once he moved to Tokyo but all he could do was vow to himself to never break her heart. She tried so much, he couldn't be any happier than he was then. All he could do was comfort her and himself by spending all the time he had, with her.

"Toshi san..." she came jogging "Congratulations on making to the Olympic team!" She hugged him tight. His heart stung as she quivered against him, he hugged her back "Arigato" he said. He was thanking her for every single thing she'd done for him. He knew he got lucky, she was perfect, much more than he could ever ask for.

The next month was very hectic. They had intense practice and penalties to make sure they didn't falter even an inch. That ensured their victory in the nationals again. Another month and Ushijima would graduate. She stopped looking at the calendar because the dreaded day only approached closer every time she looked at it. She tried keeping her mind off of it as much as she could.

"Sakura, why don't I take you on a date" he said while walking her home from school.

"Okay" she smiled.

"Tomorrow. You're bunking school" he said and she stopped midway.

"What?"

"We're spending the whole day together" he flatly said making her heart flutter and crash at the same time.

"O-Okay" she said before pecking his cheeks and ran back inside after whispering a quick "Goodnight"

Ushijima picked her up the next day. He looked so good in jeans. He barely ever wore jeans. Not like he usually had an occasion to other than his dates. His day was usually well spent in his uniform, his jersey, in his tracks, or he didn't need them at all. Those black jeans made him look hot as fuck. His skin hugging pants and his T shirt that showed off his gnarly muscles made her head spin. His eyes examined her v neck black crop top that just subtly showed the top of her soft curves through the neckline, leaving so much to imagine and his stomach growled. Her cute shorts showed off her long, slender legs making him sigh in frustration.