A Surprise

"Why would you say that?" She was rolling on his couch laughing in tears. "I can't believe you said that. Oh, my cheeks hurt so much" she sat back up to look at his grumpy face.

"Why?" He was still griping about it. "Why can't you believe I said that?" He looked so cute there.

"Because we're not married yet." She laughed making him sulk even more "And you listened to what Furuya san told you. You know how well he gets on your nerves, that's what he's best at"

"What do you mean we're not married yet? Do you not want to?" Jealousy trickled on his face and she couldn't help giggle.

"Of course I do" she kissed his face.

"Sasaki better stay away then" he said. "You didn't tell him?"

"I did! He thought you were my "virtual boyfriend who I was so obsessed with that I wouldn't date anyone from the real world" fantasy. You know, like the author obsessing over Hatake Kakashi sometimes" she said.

"He'll be a virtual goner when I spike the ball in his face!" He said and she dropped laughing again.

"What's so funny to you?" He pouted.

"You're so cute when you're jealous"

"You're scary when you're jealous" he replied.

"What?" She instantly moved away from him and it was his turn to laugh.

"It's true though, I'm scared for the other person when you're jealous" he laughed as she scoffed, getting up to walk away.

"Babygirl, stop right there" he picked her up.

"What is it?" She monotonously asked.

"Marry me" he said and her rigid expression fell. That was the last thing she expected him to say.

"W-What?"

"Marry me. I can't stay away from you any longer this is killing me" she couldn't understand how he could be so blunt even after so long. She met him a decade ago, fell in love with him but he barely changed. He was still the 'baby boy but daddy' person but 1039389202011 times hotter.

"O... kay" she said.

"Is tomorrow fine, baby?" He flatly asked.

"Hey, you can't just ask me like that!!"

"I'll even propose to you with a ring if that's what you want" he said.

"I already have a ring and that's not what I meant." She said "We haven't told anyone yet"

"Like who?"

"Our families?" She raised her brows.

"Ah, I'll take care of it" he nodded like he just remembered that they had to be informed first.

"Are you really serious about this?" She hadn't even seen him this spontaneous.

"I am, princess. Just tell me when" he kissed her face.

"If you really are serious about this there's a lot to prepare for than just kiss before the priest" she reminded him.

"I know, there's also the part where we get you into a wedding dress... before I take it off" he said and she turned cherry red "W-What... don't... say things like that"

Sakura's mother lived with her kids in Tokyo and Ushijima's parents were still in Miyagi. Sakura was slouching on the couch relaxing her overly strained muscles on her day off.

"Where's Tetsu?" Her mother asked.

"Court" she flatly said changing the channels. "He'll be back soon" she stopped surfing when she saw a repeat telecast of one of Ushijima's matches.