Face Off

Oikawa had his eyes on Sakura the whole time. He didn't even bother cheering for the Aoba Johsai girls team.

The first time she served, she left his mouth hanging.

"HOLY-!" Iwaizumi and the others gawked at her. There was no way that a girl smaller than all of them could harbour that much power. Probably more than some of the boys even.

"Oh..." Oikawa said "So she's practised with Baka Ushiwaka"

"She what??" Hinata gulped before his eyes fell on the raven haired ace again.

"She's definitely grown more than expected" Tobio intervened.

"How do you know that?" Asahi asked.

"Because I practiced with her for a while when our gym was closed for inspection" Tobio said not taking his eyes off of her.

"You did what?" Nishinoya whined "you lucky prick"

"No wonder your serve got better" Hinata silently scoffed looking the other way.

It took a while before anyone could even receive her serve. Meaning, she had gotten 16 points just by her serve and her team had gotten bored by now but also happy they were winning.

Aoba Johsai lost to Shiratorizawa Gakuen in straight sets and she just smirked walking out of the arena, waiting for the guys to show up so she could go see them play.

"That was impressive" Oikawa walked by her and complimented.

"Yeah" was all she could awkwardly say.

"Sakura" she heard the voice she was waiting for. Ushijima's.

She walked away with them leaving Oikawa behind and he could only watch her walk further away from him gracefully.

"You cause quite the trouble, don't you?" Tendou poked at Sakura.

"Sorry" she politely said "I didn't mean to"

"Oye, I'm just teasing. You shouldn't associate with Wakatoshi anymore. He never takes a joke" he huffed in disappointment.

Shiratorizawa breezed through the prelims. The girls were yet to have their final match against Date Tech and the boys were to play the finals against Aoba Johsai.

Sakura wasted no time in rushing to see the war with the two schools, right after their semis. The balcony was so full she had to sneak inside to sit with the coach and Yumiko, their manager.

Ushijima and Oikawa walked towards the centre of the court to shake hands and Sakura gulped at the way they stared at each other. She stopped breathing when their hands contacted each other's, the enmity was very apparent.

The boys standing outside the court began cheering for Shiratorizawa while Oikawa was to serve on the other side. She hadn't seen him serve but knew he was good. He was pretty awesome back in junior high, it was only obvious that he had gotten better.

Oikawa looked at Sakura before his service and smiled at her just before the whistle blew. His serve was as awesome as it could get, it was basically a spike from outside the court that reminded Ushijima so much of Sakura's serve. It was obvious that Oikawa had taught her that before she perfected it. He aimed it straight at Ushijima but Goshiki covered for him, letting Ushijima strike back with his spike.