Third Year

Tendou joined Med school in Tokyo, Semi enrolled at the police academy and Kuroo Tetsuro went to one of the best Law Schools situated in the national capital.

Sakura's life was as dull as it could get. What's worse than a heartbreak? Not seeing the ones you love anywhere around you. It was only a year but a very long one.

"How's your practice?" Goshiki asked on their way to school. Ushijima asked Goshiki to accompany her to school and back since her place was on the way to his and he obliged without second thoughts.

"It's fine" she said spacing out again.

"Well, I miss our ace too" Goshiki said reading her face. "He was my role model. He was so tall, so disciplined, so focused... he was meant to play volleyball from the start." Goshiki's eyes shone like a fanboy's "Now that he's on the Olympic team, it makes me worship him even more. He's my idol. He will always be one"

"That's so sweet of you" she let out a sad smile as they walked inside the gates of Shiratorizawa. As much as she was slumping through class she made sure her grades were on top. She'd talk to Ushijima every evening where she'd tell him all about school and practice. He was more of a good listener than a talker but he made prime efforts to tell her about his day.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing really" she said trying take his mind off the conversation "What are you doing tomorrow?"

"Sakura, I have to know"

"Well..." she hesitated "The team's a mess. I miss you more than I can say. Their receives need a lot of work. Yumiko and Ria are so anxious, they're on the verge of passing out. The Winter Qualifiers are close by and... I wish you were here you'd know what to do"

"Princess, you can do this better than I ever did. You're my baby ace" he chuckled making her all mushy again. "A practice match might work. If they're not coordinating, make them want to"

"I'm really stupid, aren't I?" She rubbed her head wondering why it didn't occur to her in the first place.

"You're nothing but stunning, babygirl. You're just worried that's all." He was so nice.

"How's Mooshi?!" She asked and he almost choked on his breath.

"He's fine. He's on the nightstand" he chuckled. "There's league selections going on. They're gonna auction the players in the next two days"

"WHAAAATT??! Oh SHIT!" She slammed her palm against her mouth.

"I have a few offers standing until the auctions." He said.

"WHICH ONES?!!?!?!?"

"Tachibana Red Falcons, VC Kanagawa, Azuma Pharma Green Rockets and Schweiden Adlers" he said "I'm confused"

"OH... MYYYY!!!" She couldn't talk for a moment.

"SCHWEIDEN SCHWEIDEN SCHWEIDEN!!!" She pleaded and he laughed.

"You like them, huh?"

"Oh, they're marvellous! Their MB Hirugami san is sooo good, Ahh! I've loved them ever since they won with Sachihiro san as their Ace!" She went on and on.

"As you say, kitten"

"WAIT... WHAT?!"

"I made up my mind"