Nekoma

"How long until your next match?" Ushijima asked as they walked through the crowd hand in hand while Sakura adored their newly bought T shirts.

"Maybe in an hour. Tonikawa's match hasn't started. Who are you against?"

"Whoever wins the Nekoma match. Kaifukan has been boasting about some returning ace." Ushijima said

"The fixtures changed a little, they're against Johtoh High. You'll be playing against whoever wins that one." she said checking her phone.

"Don't you want to see him?"

"I'm actually kinda nervous" she said.

"Let's go" Ushijima flatly said dragging her towards the locker room.

"Chibi... you made it" her brother stepped out stretching. "Do that thing you always do" he held his hand out for her.

"Ushiwaka..." he warmly greeted.

"Tetsuro" he nodded back.

She clasped his hand interlocking her thumb with his, her other hand holding his shoulder and pushed his arm backwards until his shoulder cracked. She did the same with his other arm.

"Ahh, works every time" he sighed moving his shoulders "Arigato, Chibi"

"Niisan, ganbattekudasai" she smiled and he pinched her nose.

"You're not the only one with surprises, you know" he smiled at her.

"Oh, Chibi chan is here"

"Nekomata Sensei!" She greeted him.

"That was a brilliant match knocking Fukurodani out!" He laughed and she was internally squealing in joy.

Their team stepped out, some of them looking nervous. She wished everyone the best and headed upstairs with Ushijima.

Furuya's PoV

I was heading with my team towards our court but my ears pricked when I heard a soft voice. In the corner of my eyes I caught a glimpse of her. The ace from Shiratorizawa. She was standing with Ushijima, smiling at another guy. Not just any guy, it was the scheming captain from Nekoma. She looked warm, unlike how she was when she saw me.

'How do they know even each other?' To think Wakatoshi would go out of his way and talk to another team, let alone their captain.

"Furuya Senpai! We're falling behind" Kyushu fixed my diverted attention, but before my attention went back to him our eyes locked for a brief moment and my heartbeat was uneven. I left as soon as I could.

'What the hell just happened?'

I walked in with full certainty that we were going to make an impression.

"Ace, we're counting on you!" One of my teammates said.

"Captains, we're about to begin" the referee announced before going to his position beside the net.

To call Oyama Showa's captain snarky is an understatement.

"We're serving" I said and Kyushu tossed the ball at me. "Captain, nice serve!!"

"Being one of the top 5 aces isn't enough for me when I'm hungry for more" I mumbled under my breath "Ushijima, I'm coming for you next"

And with that I threw the ball high in the air and jumped to serve sending the ball rocketing to the other side of the net.

"SERVICCEEE AAACCEEEE"

My eyes widened in fury and passion as I snarled at Oyama.

"I'll show you the way of the ace!"