I Dare You

"Okay. Shiratorizawa will be against Date Tech" one of the junior coaches said and Shiratorizawa began warming up.

"Hope those diving drills were enough to keep you concentrated" Tetsuro mocked Bokuto like a child and Bokuto yelled gibberish at him.

"Itachiyama isn't here yet" Coach Nekomata said looking at the clock which struck 10:30 am.

"Ohayogozaimas!" Tetsuro bowed at Washijo san.

"Oh, Tetsuro... come sit" Washijo Sensei sat Sakura's brother beside him as Sakura went through the notes she made again trying to figure out a strategy.

"So, how's Sakura been doing?" He asked her coach.

"Oh, she's brilliant! She evolves so much during every game it's a shame she's not on the team with Ushijima and the others" he said and Tetsuro couldn't help feel proud.

"The girls team, I can tell with confidence, are capable of winning the nationals this time" he said looking at her "Also, can you keep a secret?"

"Yes..." Tetsuro was nervous now.

"She'll represent Japan in the U-19" he sternly said and Tetsuro froze. "If you let her"

"I would never say no to that" Tetsuro spoke a few seconds later. He forgot how to breathe for a while there. "Wow"

"Also, Washijo san, is it possible for her to play today?" He hesitantly asked.

"Of course... is it practice?"

"A match actually" Tetsuro said "with our team. If you don't mind that is..."

"That'd be wonderful practice for her too. In fact, I'd love to watch it. Who are you playing against?" Coach Washijo was all ears.

"Aoba Johsai" he smiled and Washijo let out an evil grin.

"How about after lunch? I don't want to miss it!" He stood up and gleamed at Tetsuro who nodded before coach Washijo left with the other coaches.

Tetsuro wanted to see how Shiratorizawa played with his very own eyes. He heard nothing but good things about the team, especially Ushijima.

"Ushiwaka! You need to loosen up a little more!" Tendou said. If they were to look around, they'd see every single eye in the gym on them... on Ushijima, one of the three top aces in Japan.

"He'll loosen up before we leave this place." Sakura smiled interrupting them.

"What's new, Sakura chan?" Leon asked.

"Besides the iron wall? Aone's spikes. Also watch out for Futakuchi Kenji" she smiled patting Ushijima on the back and he loosened up a little.

"Cheer for me, Sakura chan" Semi winked at her and Ushijima's face instantly changed.

"I-I mean... f-for US..." he corrected himself, gulping. Sakura didn't want to see Ushijima's face there she knew he scared the hell out of Semi.

Ushijima stayed behind with Sakura while the others headed to the court.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"T-Toshi san..." her eyes went wide "you've a match now"

"Then cheer for me, baby" he huskily said before walking into the court and Sakura gulped trying to hide her flushed face.

Her face turned serious when the match began. Something was off with Date's receives. Not only did they completely mess up with receiving Ushijima's spikes, they were clashing with each other.