Lando Norris - 196, 197

A/N
Vacations are coming soon, and it's race week!! Remember that requests are now closed and check out my other books!! This was a request made by lostincallum I hope you enjoy it. xx

Are you bleeding?...
That crash could've killed you...

Formula 1 was finally back, and it was the first race since the 2020 season had ended. The lights went out and the 20 drivers were back again in Bahrain racing.

My boyfriend Lando had started on P4 and was now down to P3 passing Valtteri Bottas, the second Mercedes driver. He didn't look happy about my boyfriend's move on him and I was pretty sure that the battle for the podium would be a complicated one.

I was scared that Lando would get a DNF because of someone else's fault. I knew that when Lando was having a fight he would actually become a quite aggressive driver and in a circuit, as this one overtakes wouldn't be easy at all.

Seconds later, Lando was against the wall, it hadn't been just a small hit but a really huge one. I was scared that something like this would happen and was unaware of the actual gravity of this crash.

He wasn't responding to any of the engineers of the team and was probably unconscious. Bottas was out of the race as well but he hadn't gotten hurt at all. Lando had been pushed against the wall and because of how fast Bottas's car had gone the car was fully crushed.

Moments later, the marshalls came and checked up on Lando. He wasn't really responding to the people calling him, meaning that maybe he was dead. The medical team got him out of the car and found a pulse meaning he was alive but not conscious.

Relief filled my body since he was at least breathing meaning that there was still hope for him to wake up. They got him into the stretcher and rushed him into the hospital... because of the possible fatal accident the race was cancelled.

I followed the medical team to the hospital, I really needed to be there, to see if he was fine. We arrived at the nearest hospital, and Lando got the necessary tests to see if he was going to be fine.

The only thing the doctors had told me with full certainty was that there were only a few broken bones in his body and a concussion in his head.

No one would actually tell me if the love of my life, and my rock would wake up. Horrible thoughts kept coming to my mind and I blamed the other driver fully for what had happened.

Lando was now in the hospital bed looking almost lifeless. I hoped he would be waking up soon enough because I didn't know what I'd do without him.

He finally woke up a few hours later, and I had to explain what had happened because he didn't remember anything past the impact. He looked quite happy even when he was hurt.

He scooted over wanting me to lay besides you. When he did I heard him wince in pain. I had no idea how it happened but Lando was bleeding off one of the cuts on his torso. It wasn't too bad but it sure looked painful.

"Are you bleeding?" I asked Lando worriedly even though I already knew the answer to my very obvious question.

"Yes love, but it's okay, it's not too bad don't worry about it i'll be fine." Lando said calmly probably trying not to worry me over the fact that he was once again hurting over that stupid crash on track.

"Lando I'm being serious! You being hurt can't mean you're fine. I see you're in pain, I'm calling one of the doctors." I stated and there was nothing holding me back from doing so.

"Y/n, I'm fine darling you don't have to call anyone... I'll recover quickly without problems and will be back on track soon enough." Lando said confidently.

"Are you really thinking about going back on track while you're on a hospital bed?" I asked in disbelief. It really didn't sit right with me that Lando didn't see the gravity of the accident as much as I did. All I wanted was for him to be okay since I wouldn't want to live without him.

"I'm thinking about going back on track because I love racing and I can't wait to do what I love again." Lando mentioned like if nothing had happened.

"Are you being serious right now Lando? That crash could've killed you! How can you even think of doing once again something that almost ended your life?" I asked really not understanding his way of thinking and seeing this whole situation.

"You need to understand that racing is my life and I can't live without racing and the adrenaline of being on those cars darling." Lando wanted to make me understand that.

I knew that racing was his life but I wasn't going to be here seeing him get hurt over and over in different accidents if he wasn't going to end up fine after they occurred.