Frederik Vesti - 196, 197

A/N
PART 99!! This is incredible mostly since I never actually finish books but, 4 more parts to go to book 2... this was a request made by LilyHeseltine123 I hope you like it <3

Are you bleeding?...
That crash could've killed you!...

It was a Saturday for the feature race, Formula 2 and I was leading the driver's standings. I was going to win the championship that year and it was all I wanted.

I was a driver and all I wanted to do was win, no matter what it would take. The first chicane at Emilia Romagna Grand Prix came quick. I wanted to overtake the driver beside me because I wanted to win the race since the first lap.

I was unable to overtake the person in front of me because in the moment I tried to stop the car and break slightly later my car was sent flighting into the wall. All I remember is hitting the wall and I've no clue what happened afterwards, I had blacked out.

When I woke up again I was laying in a hospital bed with my boyfriend Frederik Vesti sitting beside me and holding my hand. "Y/n! You're awake! Do you need anything? Are you okay? How do you feel? Are you bleeding?" He asked frantically.

I really had no idea how I physically felt, all I knew is that I had lost my opportunity to prove once again that I was supposed to be leading the championship and that I was the best driver on the grid this season.

"I'm okay! Calm down Fred, I'm just frustrated, I wanted to win that race so bad! I wanted, no needed to win that goddamn race and I ruined it for myself, for the love of god everything could've gone fine but now i'm here." I protested with frustration.

"Is that really all you're thinking about? You should've seen how the car finished after the crash y/n. Winning a race isn't it all if it means you'll get hurt." Fred argued.

"It is when it means that my future will look bright and that I will be the most successful female driver to ever be known." I commented proudly.

"Is that all you think about? Have you thought about how that crash could've killed you?! Be fucking grateful you're still here and stop worrying about it." Fred called my attention.

"How can you even say that? You're a driver yourself! You should understand how I feel!" I exclaimed frustrated. I wanted to cry, I didn't want to be here, I wanted to be in the car trying to prove how good I was. All I wanted to do was turn back time and make sure that I won that stupid race.

"This isn't about me being a driver as well, that accident scared the living shit out of me. Everyone on the garage, even I thought that you were dead when you weren't responding. This isn't about me knowing how you feel as a driver, I'm your boyfriend y/n! That goddamn crash because of your recklessness almost took you away from me." He sighed. "I have no clue what I would've done if I had lost you today because of what happened out there on the track, all I could think about was how maybe I wouldn't have you with me anymore and that destroyed me but you don't see it." Frederik explained.

I was aware that when I was in the car I wouldn't think about anything but winning, everything else left my mind. I didn't really think that anyone would care if something happened because I would end up winning, I needed to win everything, I needed to be the best no matter the price.

I had never thought that someone would care so much if something happened to me while on the racing track. I genuinely felt guilty because Frederik seemed genuinely preoccupied over the fact that I had gotten hurt and that it could've been an injury of a high gravity.

"I'm sorry." It was my only comment.

"It doesn't really seem like it, I'm still scared for you, I'm scared because I know once you get out of this hospital you'll go back to your reckless self out on track and I won't be able to stop you." Frederik admitted.

I knew he was right, he had every right to tell me the truth but it still hurt. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that. I will be more careful out on track now, I know you care a lot about me and I need to think about what I'm doing while driving and who it could possibly affect." I promised and admitted with guilt.

"I don't even know if I can believe you, but I accept your apology, for now I need you to rest for your own health." Frederik demanded and I followed his instructions without hesitating.