Robert Shwartzman - 78

This was requested by someone who shall remain anonymous :) Hope you enjoy tho!

"I'm just glad you're okay..."

It was the last race of the Formula 2 season and I was very excited because for once I got to be at the Bahrain Grand Prix with my boyfriend Robert Shwartzman.

I was really excited for the sprint race since Robert was starting on pole position. I really wanted him to win this race because if he wins he will get the opportunity to battle for the championship in the feature race.

The race has just started and Robert had taken the lead since the very first corner which was great. Callum Ilott was close behind him, which was also his biggest rival as a title contender.  He had tried to pass Robert but my boyfriend managed to defend his position, as P1. It was a nerve wrecking battle because they were both very close to each other. A simple lock up could cause Robert to lose the position. Callum managed to overtake Robert 2 corners after, which wasn't great. I could see in the way he was driving that my boyfriend was getting desperate in trying to overtake Ilott once again.

They were going head to head, it was a really clean fight for P1. Moments later one of the worst things had happened. Robert was trying to pass Callum, but the space wasn't enough to pass which caused him to hit his rear tire. Robert's front wing flew off and the impact caused both cars to spin and hit the barriers.

The engineers were trying to reach out to Robert through the radio. There was no immediate response which just caused me to think of the worst possible. The crash had been quite hard but I really didn't expect him to be injured. The UNI-Virtuosi team had gotten a response from Ilott and he was okay which I was also glad for.

Relief filled my mind when I heard Robert's voice over the radio saying that he was fine. I was genuinely happy because moments before I had thought of the worse. Both drivers got out of the car and talked, probably about the collision and how it had happened. Both drivers were at fault so no further questioning was going to be made at the Stewards office. The marshalls managed to get out the cars easily and the race continued but without those two drivers. I could see through the tv that they were both quite disappointed. Both drivers went back to their respective garages, and teams.

As soon as I saw Robert come in I went over to him. He hugged me and then said "I'm so frustrated. I don't even have a chance against Mick anymore, he's going to be the World Champion" I looked at him and smiled sympathetically. "You did great in your rookie season, honestly I'm very proud even after what happened today." I said. He looked at me, sadness was clear in his eyes. "I know y/n, I just wanted to do better. I know that was possible but I didn't do good today. The collision was almost fully my fault." He said. "I don't even care if you're not World Champion this year because you will always be a champion to my eyes." I said trying to make him feel a little better. "You really are the sweetest, I love you" He said, those words just melted my heart. "I'm still kinda sad though, I'll try harder next year." He proceded to say again. I just wanted to make him feel better but he just wasn't helping himself "Honestly, I'm just glad you're okay... You did great all season, and I know you will indeed try harder the next one because you are talented." I said reassuringly. "y/n, thank you for cheering me up. I really have no idea how I got so lucky to have an amazing girlfriend like you." He said proud of me.

After that conversation Robert had a quick shower and also changed out of his racing suit. We went back to the hotel together and watched some movies to get today's race off Robert's mind.