-74-

Kelley sits on the couch beside her sister bouncing and driving Erin nuts.

"So, today's the day; you nervous?" Erin can't help but smile as she looks at her sister while asking the question. 

"Seriously, I'm only asking the love of my life to marry me; I'm not nervous, maybe a little terrified. What if she says no? She won't, right? What if I forget how to speak? What if I cry?" 

Erin takes ahold of her arm, "You need to calm down, Squirrel. There's not a chance in hell that Kasey will say no, even if you bumble the proposal big time. Maybe you should go for a run or something and work off some of your excess energy." 

Kelley nods, "Yeah, a run, that would be good right now. Can you tell Kase that I went to the gym when she gets up?" 

"You don't think she's going to question the fact that you went to the gym without her?" 

"Probably, but just make something up. Tell her she looked too beautiful to wake up and that I'll be back for lunch." 

"You owe me, Squirrel." 

"Put it on my tab. Thanks, Er, for everything." 

Kelley grabs her go bag and heads out, leaving Erin sitting on the couch watching cartoons.

A short time later, Kasey walks out of the bedroom and looks around for Kelley. 

"Do you know where Kel is, Erin? It's unusual for her to be up before me." 

"Had a bit too much energy and was up early; she went to the gym and asked me to tell you that you were too beautiful to wake up, so she went alone and that she'd be home for lunch." 

"I would have preferred her to wake me up and work off the energy together." 

Erin covers her ears, "I don't want to know anything about my sister's sex life." 

"I actually meant that we could have gone to the gym together, but that would have worked as well." Kasey smiles at her, "Did you eat yet?" 

Erin shakes her head, "I had a coffee with Squirrel, but nothing to eat yet." 

"Avocado toast and eggs? We have some fruit as well." 

Erin stands up and makes her way over to the kitchen area, and Kasey, "Let me just wash up, and I'll help make breakfast." 

Once the two are done making breakfast and eating, they chill on the couch for a bit. 

"So, Kelley was telling me that there is a mall close to the Parliament Buildings. Think we can check it out while we're down there today?" 

Kasey smiles, "I'd already planned on showing you the Rideau Centre." 

"Cool. Is it okay if I grab a quick shower, I'm feeling kinda grubby." 

"Go ahead, there are extra towels on the shelf and feel free to use my shampoo and body wash if you like." 

Erin nods as she grabs her stuff and heads towards the bathroom to get cleaned up before Kelley gets back.

In the meantime, not having anything else pressing to do, Kasey decides to take advantage of the relative calm and pull out her sketchbook to do a bit of sketching and drawing. Putting her earbuds in, she becomes lost in the music, singing along as her pencil dances across the page. Soon, she is putting the finishing touches on a possible logo for "Keepers Unite." Looking it over, she nods before then reaching for her case, taking out her new black fine liners and adding more depth and detail to it. With the final shadow done, she caps the marker, setting it down and looking it over.