-109-

After easily defeating the Sky Blue FC in their own backyard by a final score of 6 -1 in a card filled match up, the Courage continue their winning ways in knocking off the Houston Dash in the a close one, that remained scoreless until an 87th minute penalty kick scored by Sam Mewis broke it open and gave them the W. 

It's the early hours of the morning in North Carolina and Kasey is struggling to calm her thoughts in order to sleep. She closes her eyes and tries everything she can to cross over into dreamland and just as it seems to finally be working, she's jolted awake by the sound of her phone ringing and filling the room. Her first thoughts are filled with wondering if something happened to Kylie while away at the Canada camp or any of her other family members. 

Turning over she picks up the phone and answers, ready to yell at the caller should they be a telemarketer rather than friend or family member. 

"Hello?" 

"Kasey?" 

"Who is this? And why are you calling?" 

"Kasey, it's Julie, JJ; I got your number from KO." 

"What's up, Julie and why are you calling so late?" 

"Umm, can you pick me up at the airport? I'll explain everything when you get here." 

"You're here?" Kasey lets out a yawn. 

"Yeah. Hurry, please." 

"I'll be there shortly, watch for a blue Camaro." 

"Okay." 

Kasey swaps out her current sleepwear in favour of some comfies and then makes a quick bathroom stop before grabbing her phone, purse and keys. Buddy watches her movements, and sits up from his place on the floor. 

"Buddy, lay down. I'll be back." 

Driving to the airport in the darkness of the night, Kasey's head is full of questions as to the sudden appearance of the Chicago Red Stars and USWNT star in her area and also why she's choose her to call of all people. 

Pulling to the curb, she sees Julie's hair pulled back in a messy ponytail and her posture less than her usual confident appearance. Popping the trunk for her, Julie puts her bag in it and then climbs in the passenger seat beside Kasey. 

"Thanks for coming to get me, I really didn't know where else to go." 

"It's okay, everything will be okay. Do you want to go to a hotel or I happen to have a spare bed at my place, right now." 

"I can't deal with anymore questions or cameras, can we go to your place?" 

"Of course." 

Arriving back home, Kasey introduces Buddy to Julie and then shows her to Kylie's bedroom. 

"We can talk in the morning, how about right now both of us try and get some rest." 

"Thanks, Kasey." 

Kasey heads back to her room and gets herself changed before climbing under the covers. 

New Message

Kasey: Are you awake?

Kelley: Yeah, but, why are you?

Kasey: Julie called me short time ago from the airport, I just went and picked her up and brought her back home with me. She's a mess. Any idea what happened?

Kelley: I'm going to assume you haven't seen the latest headlines on TMZ? 

Kasey shakes her head, now more curious the before.