Forever Undying - suggestion

"He hasn't worn these size jeans in almost two years, Cheryl! Do you ever pay attention?" Toni yelled as she pointed to the pile of jeans on the kitchen table

Their son had tried them on and they didn't fit, the one thing Cheryl was in charge of, she messed up.

"Yes I pay attention, Toni. I can return them, okay? I just got confused and forgot. It's not that big of a deal"

"Not that big of a deal? Cheryl, clothes aren't cheap! A good fitting pair of jeans alone costs 50 dollars. Multiply that by 5 pairs for him, 5 for Kayah on top of baby clothes and food. Babe, we're upper middle class, not rich."

"I know, TT. I'm sorry I can return them-"

"Yeah, hurry up before you miss dinner again." Toni said as she walked off. Cheryl had been missing family dinner recently due to working overtime.

"Really? Hey, come back in here." Toni walked back into the dining room with a sigh

"What now, Cheryl?"

"I can renew the jeans, okay?" She said as she hugged Toni tightly, she knew how much stress Toni was going through since she was still on maternity leave after having their youngest, Zuri.

They didn't expect that having kids would be this difficult. They didn't think it would be easy but they didn't think of how much work would be multiplied. They have a teenage son who's 17, Xavier, a 15 year old, Kyah and a newborn, Zuri. They have three times as much work and they hate to admit it, but they weren't prepared.

"It's not about you getting the wrong jeans, I couldn't give a damn about that. It's about you constantly 'forgetting'. Now it's jeans, last week it was Kyah's choir concert and it was almost Xavier's football game. Hell, if you didn't have to drive me I'm sure you would've forgotten Zuri's birth."

"Are you fucking kidding me, Toni? You're seriously taking it too far now. I wouldn't have missed Zuri's birth for shit! I was there all throughout your pregnancy, waited on you hand and foot. If anything you need to be the one apologizing to me!"

"Apologizing? For what?"

"For constantly using me"

"Using you? Oh wow. Quite the observation, Cheryl." Toni said as she clapped sarcastically

"Ever since high school all you've done is use me. Used me for sex, used me for money, used me for popularity. The same in college and then throughout adulthood you used me for kids. Tossing me to the side once you found out you were pregnant."

"That's such bullshit, are you kidding?"

"No Toni, I'm not! When was the last time you kissed me without me kissing first, huh? The last time you held my hand or called me beautiful-"

"What are we, in high school?"

"No but we're married! We're fucking married and it doesn't feel like you love me."