Reassurance - Fluffy Angst

"I don't see why you're so upset, Cheryl." Toni rolled her eyes as she closed Cheryl's bedroom door behind them both.

"Because you didn't tell me, Toni!"

"I didn't think I had to, considering we weren't even dating at the time!"

"We weren't dating when I was 'friends' with Heather and I still told you about her!"

"Jughead and I... before we even knew each other! I didn't know you two even knew each other."

"And when you found out, why didn't you tell me?"

" Because it- it's all in the past now, Cheryl."

"Whatever, Toni." Cheryl scoffed, taking off her shoes and sitting on the end of her bed. She felt almost betrayed by her girlfriend, she just didn't get it.

"Why are you so upset about it anyways?" Toni asked, taking a seat next to her girl.

"It doesn't matter, it's all in the past remember?"

"Cheryl."

"It doesn't mat-"

"Why are you so upset about it?"

"Its not important."

"Cheryl!"

"Because I don't like the thought of someone else having you like that! Okay?"

"You're jealous."

"Of Jughead Jones? Please, Antoinette, what do you take me for?"

"It's okay if you are." Toni said as she gently caressed Cheryl's face, though she pulled away and made an almost disgusted look at her girlfriend.

"Excuse me?"

"Toni, I'm sorry I just... I'm new to this kind of stuff and thinking about you and Jughead that night makes me insecure because it's a clear reminder that you have someone to compare me to."

"I'd never compare you to anyone because you'd completely blow them out of the water."

"You're just saying that."

"I'm not baby. You're the only one for me, you know that." Toni watched Cheryl's sad eyes as she looked into her own lap.

"You promise you mean that?" Cheryl looked at Toni with teary eyes. The brunette put a gentle hand over her girlfriend's.

"Of course I mean it my love. You're my pretty girl... here look." Toni pulled her phone out of her jeans pocket, going onto her Instagram.

She went to her profile, scrolling past post after post with her and Cheryl making memories. Toni showed Cheryl the way she showed her off, figuring she needed a reminder of how crazy she is for the redhead.

"You're my girlfriend, babe. I love you. I love showing you off to the world, I want everyone to know we're in a relationship. That I'm yours and you're mine." Toni put her phone down and wrapped Cheryl's arms around her and snuggled into her girlfriend's neck.

"Don't forget about the playlists I made for us, the focus I have set up on my phone just for you, our matching insta profiles, matching lock screens... baby, everything I do is for you." She mumbled into Cheryl's neck. Toni wrapped herself in her girlfriend's arms, holding her tightly.

"TT... I love you, I'm sorry."

"No need to be sorry, love. We all need a little reassurance sometimes."

"I'm glad you get it." Cheryl turned Toni around and laid her on her chest.

"It makes me self-conscious knowing how many people want you and how many options you have. Especially since I know I'm not perfect."

"Cheryl Blossom. You are perfect. You're the one for me. I don't care about any others. You're the only one who has my time, affection and love. And I wouldn't have it any other way."

Toni put her hands on Cheryl's thighs, letting her ring covered fingers squeeze her girlfriend reassuringly. Cheryl's necklaces hung over Toni as she gave her the most absolutely love drunk heart eyes ever.

"How'd I get so lucky with you?" She whispered as she leaned down and kissed her girls lips.

"I could ask the same thing."

Though some of their arguments may seem petty or small, they never fail to strengthen the relationship between these two lovebirds.

Something random and short to get me back into writing 🤷🏽‍♀️