struggle

It had been 3 days since the incident with your ex. You and rhea hadn't spoken properly in that entire time, you had your appointment coming up and couldn't drive because of your knee. So you had to ask her. You hadn't realised that there was this side to well. You felt aful having to look at it. Because it terrified you. But the girl you were staring at hated it more. Rhea hated the fact that you had to see that side of her and it showed. She was beating herself up mentally and you hated to see her struggling but you didn't know what to say.  You loved her, of course you did, it was just terrifying to think that this side to her could come out at any point in time.

You wanted to talk, you were dying for her arms to wrap around you, making you feel safe, you would kill to feel her lips against yours and you would do anything just to hear her voice again.

Y/N pov:

Should I talk to her? What do I say?? I thought to myself staring at her from the kitchen window. She was on the balcony, I'm guessing taking in the sunlight, I was making a protein shake for the both of us. Instead of leaving hers in the fridge I decided to take it out to her. "Hey" I said with a soft smile. She looked at me, took the shake that I was holding out to her and turned away. We sat in silence for a minute. "So..I was thinking I could try do a leg workout today" she gave me a confused glance "but your knee." She said. "I know, but, it feels a lot better and I'll keep the brace on I promise" she looked me up and down. "Check with the doctor first. You know I don't want you going against his rules." Her voice went quieter "not like you listen to me anyway." I don't think she realised I had heard her "excuse me! Are you serious right now!?" I said kinda pissed off. "I mean I'm not wrong!" She said standing her ground. "Are you seriously asking for a fight! I came out here to sort things out with you and you just throw it in my face!" I said leaving "Y/N wait-" I closed the door on her. I was pissed, so pissed in fact that I dented the wall after punching it. I went to the bathroom to clean my graised hand and that's when I heard the balcony door open and close.I heard her walk over to the dent in the wall, then I heard a knock on the bathroom door. I stayed in silence. "Can we talk." Her muffled voice came from behind the door. "You've said enough." I couldn't control my anger and I meant nothing I was saying, It hurt me to be horrible but I couldn't stop it. "Please, I-" her tone was desperate but pure, she was being genuine.  "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said what I said." "But you still said it." I said to her, in a cold tone. "I know and I didn't mean it!" She was sincere and desperate. A tear ran down my face  "why did you say it? Did you mean it" "No of course I didn't mean it! It was stupid! I was tense and annoyed and afraid!" She was crying. It killed me to know that she was hurting. I opened the door to find rhea literally on her knees. She looked up at me, it was horrible to see her so broken. "I-im s-so sorry-" I pulled her into my arms "shhh. It's okay"
I cradled her for a bit until her breathing calmed and she stop crying. "I don't want to loose you." She whispered not letting go of me. "You're not going to, I promise" I said helping her up. "Cmon calm down. I'll make us some coffee and snack and we can watch some movies. Yeah?" She nodded, I saw the first smile flash across her face for the first time in three days, it was comforting.

We watched movies for the rest of the day till we both fell asleep on the sofa, cuddling like nothing had happened.

(A/N TOLD YOU IT WOULD GET BETTER. IT GOES UPHILL FROM HERE 😂)