decision making

19th July 2022

We had still been tormenting the Mysterios which led me to believe that Demi was getting closer to her decision, and I was getting closer to mine, but it was set in stone quite yet. We had been challenged to a Tag match for the championships at Summer slam, so while I had been preparing myself to face Raquel and Aliyah, Demi had been running with the guys, chasing and destroying Rey and Dominic, it was pissing e off. Yes, we were in a team with The Judgement Day, but Me and Demi were a tag team also, and we hadn't been training how we needed to be, she was ignoring our training in the ring completely and I had been training with Gia instead. She was preparing to face Ronda, so it worked out beneficial for the both of us, besides it gave us time to talk about the decisions I may have to face. 

"so, What's going on again?" Gia said, breathless and sweaty, sitting down in the middle of the ring. I sighed at her, joining her in a seated position "she's lying to me. About work." "what do you mean by that" she asked, taking another gulp of her water "well, she thinks I'm clueless about all of this, but I'm not. We've been talking about recruiting a new member, Dominik Mysterio, that is why we've been targeting them" she realised that that is how the judgment day worked "right, that's what they did to you isn't it?" I nodded before talking again. "their storyline with Dom relies heavily on Rhea." She knew where this was going now "and that would take away from the story you have going with Rhea" she added to the end of my sentence. I sighed and nodded "so what are you going to do about it?" Gia said, standing and placing her drink to one side before assuming her seated position again. "I don't know." I shrugged my shoulders "once she makes her decision, I'll make mine. If she chooses Dom's story over mine, then she won't need me in the Judgment day." I Rose to my feet, wiping myself down and motioning for her to stand up. "you're gonna leave!" she exclaimed and I shrugged in response "That's up to her." was the last thing I said before stepping up to train with her again. 

*time skip* 

We trained for quite a while longer and I arrived home in the late afternoon. There was no doubt that tension was growing between me and Demi. The longer I faked my cluelessness, the harder it became  to talk to her. "where've you been?" she asked, her back toward me as she prepared the kids' dinner. "where you should've been. Training." I replied, looking through the fridge for something to eat. "Are you... mad at me for something?" she turned her attention toward me. "no." "well that's just bullshit." she said, turning her back once again. "If you knew the answer then why ask" "because I don't know what I've done to piss you off!" She stopped what she was doing altogether and huffed. "what were you doing today Dem?" I said with a calm voice "I was with the guys, we were talking about the new recruit." I laughed at her response, "why are you laughing?" she said with a sigh "you... blew me off, to talk about a recruit, that might not even accept your offer!" I began to yell, letting the anger consume me. "YES! Because that is what is going to keep us going!" she yelled back "so that's it then! you're just gonna keep blowing me off until you get what you want!" "STOP IT BOTH OF YOU!" Bens yelling broke the argument up, he was stood in the doorway, he had listened to the entire conversation. 

"Ben-" I began, he ran off before I could say anything else. I took one look at my wife and saw the disdain in her face, but then I ran for my son. He was sat in his room on the phone to Venus, I knocked on and entered his room. "I'm sorry, that you saw us fighting. So is your mother. Things got heated in the moment and we both just..." "exploded?" "yeah." he sighed and I wrapped my arms around him. "It's okay, mom. I just didn't want to see you two fight" I held onto him "I know, I'm sorry." was all I said before letting go and walking back downstairs. "sorry." I said to my wife before exiting the kitchen. After a moment she walked in and set the dinner table, leaving a spot for me to take a seat.  I sat at the table with my wife and kids, eating in complete silence as my wife spoke to my son and daughter about school and small talk. 

Once I finished eating I washed my dish and headed upstairs to shower. I finished my shower and put some pyjamas on, heading into my bedroom to find my wife sat on the bed, looking down at her hands. "So. The new recruit. any news on him" I said, sitting down on my side of the bed. "We think that the storyline is gonna interfere with the one you have with me." she said, messing with her wedding ring. "oh? how so?" I asked. she shook her head "doesn't matter, I haven't made the decision yet." she replied, laying down next to me. She wasn't being truthful, she just wanted to give me some peace in mind. But I knew, I knew what decision she was going to make, I was just hoping she'd go against all odds, but I knew it wouldn't happen, no way in hell. I didn't want to argue with her, but we would keep on doing this until she made her decision and I made mine. It wouldn't be easy, but we had other things to focus on at the moment, Summerslam, our kids, training  and it wasn't fair on anyone to keep tensions rising. So for now, I would grit my teeth, bite my cheek and stay silent until the decision was made, and then, I'd either be sat side by side with my wife, or I would be on my own, and seeking gold all by myself.