hurt.

Ben pov:

"Morning mom." I yawned, holding onto my sleeves as I stretched. "Morning bud, you have a good sleep?" My mom, Y/N asked. I was surprised to see her to be honest, it's usually my other mom that's downstairs in the morning but I just gathered she was in the gym or something. Mom had made me breakfast and slid it across the island to me. "Thanks. But uh.. I'm not really hungry and I gotta get ready for school." I pushed the plate away after grabbing one of the small pancakes. "Okay, fair enough, lunch is in the fridge." She replied to which I nodded before going back upstairs. I already had my clothes hanging off the edge of the bed.

By the time I was ready I had about five minutes before I needed to leave; but I decided to go a bit early

By the time I was ready I had about five minutes before I needed to leave; but I decided to go a bit early. "Bye mom!" I yelled as I headed out of the door; starting to walk to school. When I was far away enough I dropped the happy act; truth be told I was having a pretty difficult time with school. The boys had been giving me grief, and I couldn't do anything about it because I was told if I engaged with another fight, I would be suspended. On my way to school I was joined by Venus; who knew about my situation, and had very strong ideals about it.

"Have you told them?" They said, referring to my parents. "No, they have their own shit to deal with, without me butting in" I replied, trying to avoid the conversation, but I couldn't hide the inevitable, and Venus was adamant that I needed to talk to my parents. "Ben, I get it. You're worried. But this" they grabbed my wrist and pulled my sleeve, revealing the red, healing self inflicted wounds. "isn't healthy" they continued, I ripped my arm away from them and continued to walk. "It doesn't even matter at this point Ve- they're too busy." I said, rolling my eyes at them. As we became closer to school, my heart began to race; I always hoped that the boys weren't in school; but of course they were. I wanted to just ignore them, but they couldn't help themselves. "Aspennnn..." They knew that my dead name hurt me. It made my blood run cold. But I continued to walk, Venus staying close to me. I couldn't react, not yet. "Hey!" Josh, shouted pushing me against the lockers but I continued to walk. "Oi! Josh is talking to you!" Callum butted in. I just wanted to ignore them. And they didn't stop; once again I was pushed into the lockers, they were gradually pushing me harder and harder and I was reaching my limit. I was heating up, and trying to ignore the anger swarming into my thoughts but it simply wasn't working.

I got to a point where I was getting pretty fed up. "Hey aspen, you know I used to think you were cute and then you became a filthy tranny and I-" I didn't let him finish his sentence. Josh crashed to the floor upon my fist contacting his jaw. I didn't care anymore. Suspend me; I couldn't give a shit, I was done pretending like I wasn't being harassed all day, every day. His friends immediately jumped into action; throwing pitiful punches towards me. "Cmon. You punch like pussies" I said to the three boys who were trying to hurt me. The larger of the three: Daniel threw a punch directly into my mouth; he hit pretty hard and it did split my lip but I felt no pain. "You know, getting your brothers to beat up a little kid; dick move. But I see why, none of you can fight." Was all I said before jumping back into action. One by one I picked them off, each of them crawling away when they realised there was no point in trying to fight me when I wasn't intimidated by them. I returned to my attack on Josh and not a single student could pull me away from him; it took two teachers to pull us apart. "Benjamin Bennett! Principles office! Now!" My English teacher shouted after pulling me away. "you're dead Bennett! You hear me! Your fucking Dead!" Josh shouted at me, to which I stuck my tongue out and kissed the air; mocking the group of boys.

*Time skip*

I was still sitting in the principal's office, my nose and bottom lip still bleeding. "Ben, we're very disappointed in you. You're a star student; great grades , and a sweet kid. But these fights are growing out of hand. And most of the time, it's you throwing the first punch." My head teacher said; she had a point but I had my reason. "Have you ever thought for one second that there's a reason behind me throwing the first punch. You spout this anti bullying bullshit and yet you haven't done a single thing since my parents were last here, so let me ask you. How are you protecting your students from bullying? I already know my punishment; how many days am I suspended for and let me know when you have an answer." My head teacher bowed her head "three day suspension for the others, a week for you considering you caused the most damage"

"Typical. You know what; it just shows how shocking your punishment system is when the bullied kid singlehandedly takes out a group of bullies" I said, standing up and grabbing my bag. I knew they'd try to keep me here until my parents arrived but there was no point in me waiting in a place I didn't want to be at. I left the office and bumped into Venus on my way out "where are you going?" "Home, I'm suspended" "what? That's bullshit! At least you'll be able to talk to your parents about things" "no I won't, they'll be too busy telling me off" "well if you don't, I will!"

When I left school; I knew my parents were gonna be shocked to see me suspended again and, I knew exactly what they'd say to me. So I pulled my sleeves back down to hide the obvious, took a deep breath and walked through my front door. "Ben? Why are you here?" My mom began...