1st day back

21ST FEBRUARY 2022 6:45AM

I have no idea what was going to happen today. It was Ben's first day back to school after coming out to us, we had given him a few days off until he was ready, and now he was so I got up early to help him get ready. I had packed him some lunch and made sure he had all his books that he needed as well as a new pencil case. I was making myself a shake and a fruit salad for the both of us. Demi was still recovering from the elimination chamber, the KOD injured her back so I wanted her to go easy and relax, which meant she wasn't getting up early if I had a say in it. But right now my focus was on Ben, I could 've really sweet or the fucking devil today depending on what happens with my son. "Mum! What should I wear!" I heard Ben shouting from his room, after finishing making breakfast I headed upstairs To bens room "go eat your food. I'll sort it"
I had a look through his closet for some clothes, it was pretty cold today so layering was alright. I pulled out an outfit which I thought would be comfortable for him, laying them on his bed ready for him to put on.

He came downstairs with a huge smile on his face "Mum! I love this outfit!" He said taking down the stairs, "Hey! Hey! Be careful!" I replied, worried for his safety

He came downstairs with a huge smile on his face "Mum! I love this outfit!" He said taking down the stairs, "Hey! Hey! Be careful!" I replied, worried for his safety. I understand that he was excited about seeing his friends again but it was 7:00 in the morning, I never understood how anyone could have that much energy so early in the morning.

I drove him to school and found a parking spot. "...Mum." my son's voice caught my attention "yeah bud?" I replied looking to the passenger seat where my son sat. "What if it's too much?" I sighed at his worry, he was nervous "if it's too much, text me and I'll pick you up, I'll make up some excuse okay?" He smiled and nodded at me before grabbing his bag "have fun!" I shouted to him as he closed the door. I watched him run over to his friends before leaving, I just hope he'll be okay today. When I arrived back home Maya was in her chair having some breakfast, which meant that demi was awake, she came out of the bathroom and her face lit up when she saw me. "How was he?" She pondered hugging me "I think he'll be okay" she smiled at my comment, demi only ever wanted what was best for her kids.

I wanted to treat Ben for his first day back after coming out, if he made it throughout the entire day. We needed to get the food shopping done so I told demi I'd take Maya to day care and get some groceries while I was out. Getting Amaya dressed today, however, wasn't as easy as it seemed "Maya come on, you need to get dressed!" I said trying to put on her leggings "NO GO!" She shouted at the top of her lungs, tears falling down her cheeks. "Goddammit DEMI!" I shouted from the top of the stairs, I always struggled with children screaming and demi always had better luck with temper tantrums. After some convincing Maya let me dress her and send her to day care.

I picked up some of Ben's favourite snacks for when he got home later while I was out

I picked up some of Ben's favourite snacks for when he got home later while I was out. I made sure to hide them so no one would steal them, cough, demi, cough. We did some light training to keep us on top of our schedule without hurting demi anymore, I really wanted her to rest her back so after a shower I made her lie down so her back was facing up and her head rested on my legs. "Lift your shirt up bab" I told her, she pulled her shirt up to her neck and I was able to get a real good look at the bruises on her back. They were all purple and looked like they were really sore, I had obviously seen them before but I hadn't had the chance to really get a look at them. I gently placed my hands on her back, she winced a little but her body relaxed as I slowly massaged her back. I continued to watch movies on the tv during our time to ourselves, after an hour of watching Friday the 13th I looked down and found my wife sound asleep on my lap. As the end if the movie neared I nodded off for a while as well.

*time skip*

I woke up to the sound of Naila scratching at the door, demi was still asleep, Barry and luna had curled up with us. I gently moved rhea's head off my lap and opened the door for our cat, who ran outside immediately, I looked at the time and found it nearly pick up time for our kids. I shook demi awake "Dem, come on, pick up time." She stretched and woke up a bit before going to her car. We had agreed that I would pick Ben up while she went to pick Amaya up. I gave her an energy drink to wake her up a little before she left. "I'm doing stir fry for dinner tonight love" I told her as she backed out of the drive. I was excited to see how Ben had done at school today, a teaching assistant had been keeping tabs for me so if something was wrong, I'd know about it. When I arrived at his school, something felt off, like I knew something was wrong and I wanted to know what. Miss quinn, the assistant I was on about, pulled me to none side the moment she saw me "Ben has had a good day today, but there are a few boys he has been avoiding, I just wanted to let you know" she said, I nodded and told her everything was fine before looking to find my son. Eventually he came running over to me "hey buddy! I got you some snacks! Why do you keep avoiding those boys-" I attempted to ask him but then I heard it, and it pissed me off.