New room

6th May 2022

We ended up putting off our room decorating until Maya could go back out, or be back in Daycare. We didn't want her to be unsupervised while we were busy, it also gave us the chance to get a few more decor items. Gia had offered to help us by taking Amaya to daycare before going to the gym, which was a big help for us because it meant we could start straight away. "Hey mum can me and Ve have some money please?" My son said running into his little sisters room where I was getting her ready. "What for bud?" I replied wrapping my arm around him and kissing his forehead. "We're going to a shopping centre with school today, it's supposed to be a rewards trip. Can we?" "Yeah I don't see why not. Get me my bag, it's in the kitchen." He nodded and ran off to get what I asked for, returning a few moments later with my bag in his hand "you got a spending limit?" I asked, to which he responded with a shaking of his head. I handed him $300 to share with Venus "make sure you split that money Benjamin!" I shouted as he ran out of the room. I wanted to make sure he wasn't lying, I trusted him but that was a lot of money and I didn't want him to be spending it on stupid things, I checked his school website and saw the notice confirming his school trip. Once I had gotten Maya ready I handed her over to gionna who was talking to demi in the living room.

It was now just me and demi in the house, Ben and Venus were at school, Maya was at Daycare, we had the house to ourselves and although that gave us time to, you know... We had things to do and they weren't gonna do it themselves. The first thing we had to do was get our mattress in the spare bedroom, which would be fine, except our mattress was slightly bigger than the doorframe, which made getting it out and back in again a complete nightmare. Nevertheless we got it out, it did take a good fifteen minutes to do so though. Once the mattress was out of the way we took our bedframe down and began to strip our room of any belongings which took a good few hours.

We now had an empty room and were both starving, neither of us could be bothered to cook so we decided to take a drive to subway. We are our food in the car before driving home "so where is our new bed frame?" "It's in the garage, but we need to get the fans out for the paint." I replied opening our front door and making my way to the back yard to get the large fans from the shed. We were going from a grey to an off-white colour and although the paint was quick dry we wanted to be finished before Venus went to bed because they wouldn't be able to get into their room with all of our furniture in the way so the fans would be a big help with paint dry time. By the time I got both of the fans upstairs, which were very heavy, demi had mixed up the Paint into the roller trays and started painting.

After the first coat of paint we realised how thick each coat was, we'd probably only need another coat or so and they dried a lot quicker than we expected

After the first coat of paint we realised how thick each coat was, we'd probably only need another coat or so and they dried a lot quicker than we expected. Every coat took about half an hour to dry to the point of putting on another coat and we did three coats of paint, it took 45 minutes to dry completely and once it had dried demi took the fans back outside while I worked on our new bed frame, it was a king size bed and fit pretty nicely with our room. Demi joined me a few minutes later and it made setting up our bed a lot quicker. It took about 20 minutes to set up our bedframe and by the time we had finished with the framework Ben and Venus had come home and Gia had gon out with Amaya. "Mom! Why is your mattress and furniture shoved in Venus's room?" I heard my son shout as he made his way to us. Venus following him. He realised that our room has been changed and nodded with approval "looks nice.. need any help?" I walked over to my son, leaving Demi to put the finishing touches on our bed "uhh no not really, dem you need anything?" "Caffeine." She said in a monotone voice, rubbing her eyes. "I'll get you both an energy drink. Me and Ve are gonna do a bit of training anyway." I nodded and excused them both before moving to help Demi with the mattress.

About another hour had passed and we finally finished our room

(The orange and striped cushion are grey and black)

It was a lot less over the top now and a lot crozier, we hadn't realised that it was now quite late. It was almost 7PM and the kids hadn't eaten.  Amaya had and was asleep, but Ben and Ve hadn't eaten, neither had me and demi but I couldn't be bothered to cook neither could demi so we ordered pizza instead. I don't usually enjoy take out pizza but holy shit, it was the best pizza I have had in a while, it might be because of the fatigue and hunger that was making it taste so good but I didn't care...

Demi, for once fell asleep before me, decorating must've knackered her out, I had to wake her to get her into bed which I felt bad for, but it was worth it because our bed was a lot comfier than the sofa, and cuddles were always a plus. I left Ben and Venus to themselves and helped Demi get changed, she could barely keep her eyes open. It was cute, when she was tired she was very clingy and I loved it. I changed into some silk pyjamas and I left my red underwear set on in case I got too hot during the night

 I changed into some silk pyjamas and I left my red underwear set on in case I got too hot during the night

I snuggled up next to my wife and watched her sleep, her gentle breathing, her instincts telling her to hold onto me, comfort me, make me feel safe

I snuggled up next to my wife and watched her sleep, her gentle breathing, her instincts telling her to hold onto me, comfort me, make me feel safe. It was sweet, loving, it's what made me love her...

A/N SORRY THAT THIS CHAPTER IS ACTUAL SHAMBLES! I STRUGGLED TO WRITE, IM GUESSING A LITTLE BIT IF WRITERS BLOCK BUT I KNEW ALL I WANTED WAS TO GET THE 1000 WORDS IN SO THEN I COULD STOP! I DO APOLOGIZE THATS JUST HOW THINGS GO SOMETIME, I'LL TRY AND GET A BETTER CHAPTER OUT IN MY OTHER STORIES!!