Smackdown?..

23RD SEPTEMBER 2022

I had been avoiding work since clash at the castle. Going back to the performance centre would mean facing the inevitable, the Judgement day. Demi kept on trying to bring it up but I'd shut it down before I'd slip up about leaving. I didn't want to hurt her feelings and I knew if she found out so early it would affect everything I had with her. But I had to start going back to work whether I liked it or not. I completely forgot that I was the number one contender for the Smackdown championship and I could take that opportunity at any time, and I thought to myself why not?  I had gear in my car and it was Friday so nobody would really expect to see me at the performance center.

I arrived and changed into my gear pretty quickly, there was still a good twenty minutes before the show so I had enough time, if we moved quick enough for hair and makeup to be done nicely as well, luckily I had a bit of help by the WWE team and I got it done just as the show began.

I sat on my phone for a little bit, having a conversation with my sister and accepting her offer to be a bridesmaid at her wedding; I had thought about it a lot but it wasn't fair on my sister to miss out on her big day, even if I didn't like the groom and his family. Eventually though a space freed up between matches, this was my chance to go out and have my match. I walked down the stage looking around and seeing most of the crowd booing at my status as a member of the judgment day, I was tired of this, I didn't want it anymore. I grabbed a microphone and stood in the center of the ring "I'm sure you're all wondering why I'm here. Well, a few weeks ago, at Clash at the Castle. I won a match. And I became the number one contender for the Smackdown women's championship, and I want a fight tonight. So... Liv Morgan, if you're not afraid to fight me then-"

WATCH ME!!!

"Now I wasn't expecting a match tonight." She began, "But you are the number one contender. Besides I wanna see the look on your face when I pin you, one... Two..  three" A smile grew on my face as she ran towards the ring in attempt to spring into action, but as she went to tackle me a propelled my leg out towards her and dropped her. After being checked on she stood up and handed over the title so or ref, Henry, could start the match. The bell rung and we began to circle each other, I was examining her body language to see what move she would go for first. But, to my surprise, she held out her had as a sign of respect for me. I, of course, was cautious about taking her hand and was slow about it but I did shake her hand and she hugged me before assuming her position once again.

We engaged in a collar-elbow hold, in an attempt to gain dominance over each other; both of us failing and breaking the hold. I had to admit, Liv was quick on her feet, the second the hold was broken her palm struck the side of my face, and that was it, she was on offence. She was good. It was a different Liv that I was fighting; she was more energetic, more powerful; more determined than what I was used to. But sometimes her energy was too much. She sprung off the ropes into a codebreaker that hit my eye pretty hard; and when I flew back I smacked my head on the canvas, it left me quite dazed. She rolled me up and I just barely kicked out, I hadn't really had the chance to take control yet, so it didn't matter how much pain I was in, I needed to show something.

Liv ran towards me in attempt to jump onto me but I rolled out of the way just as she hit the ground. I had to move quick, I climbed the ropes and perched on the ring post, waiting for her to stand up. When she stood up I jumped towards her in a flipped jinx to roll her up. She kicked out after a two count and I just couldn't let her recover. After what felt like forever of on and off offence bouncing between the two of us, I was holding her in a head lock on the canvas, and I felt her fading. But somehow, she got this final burst of energy that allowed her to crawl over and reach the ropes. She really loved this title and didn't want to give it up yet.  Once she pulled herself back up she was right onto running and attacking me with a step up enziguri to the same eye that I had hit earlier. I fell back into the ropes and Liv was so fast with her next move that I had no chance of countering. My body slammed, head first into the canvas with an oblivion and I could feel her roll me up, but my body wouldn't move when I tried to kick out.

"Here is your winner! And STILL THE SMACKDOWN WOMEN'S CHAMPION! LIV MORGAN!!!" boomed through the speakers as Liv's theme song played and her title was handed back to her. Although I didn't win, it was my first step towards freedom of the judgment day, and nobody would suspect it quite yet, I hadn't moved rosters, yet, I was just taking an opportunity. Liv was really respectful when it came to me, she helped me up and held my arm in the air. But the moment I stood up and my adrenaline shot down, my head spun, my eyes clouded and I crashed. I couldn't see anything, all of my senses had shut down; I could vaguely hear people around me but their overlapping conversations were impossible to make out. I could feel people grabbing hold of me moving my face, cooling me off but my body would not allow me to wake up. The only prominent feeling was the sting around my right eye ....