recovery and reassurance

7 days had passed since your concussion and your recovery period had concluded. You had just finished a check up at the doctors and rhea was driving you home. You didn't know why but she seemed...off ever since the match, like she wasn't the same. She was upset, maybe even guilty but you couldn't pinpoint why. After all she hadn't done anything to hurt you. You were hoping that Amaya's 3rd birthday coming soon would cheer her up, but it didn't. Enough was enough now, you couldn't bear to see her so upset, you needed to talk.

You had to wait though because she was training and judging by the loud music she wouldn't be able to hear you. You sat downstairs wit Amaya watching her draw and colour while music played on the tv. The second the music from the garage stopped you turned to face the door. Rhea left the room and looked directly at you before looking down and heading toward the bathroom. You followed her and tried to keep the door open but she was a little too fast, this would be harder than you thought. You knew she didn't have any clean clothes in the bathroom with her so you sat upstairs and waited. You had a camera in the living room that connected to your phone so you had eyes on Maya. About 15 minutes passed and you heard her coming up the stairs, you kept you head down until the door opened, her face said it all, she was guilty of something.

Y/N pov:

I watched rhea silently get changed and stopped her when she tried to leave. "Demi. Don't go. We need to talk" she looked down, sighing, she turned to face me and I motioned for het to sit with me. I sat cross-legged by the headboard and she sat side-on facing me at the edge of the bed. "W-what's up." She said avoiding eye contact. I grabbed her chin and turned it so she was making eye contact with me. "This. Ever since the match and me hitting my head you've been....off" she looked away once again "what do you mean?" "This. You can't even look at me for longer than 3 seconds." She scoffed and shook her head "what's up with you" she scrunched her face "Isn't it obvious. I'm the one that gave you a concussion. I'm the only one who hit your head." I looked at her, no wonder she's been so out of it, she's blamed herself for everything. "That's not true though." I said which immediately drew her attention towards me. She looked confused so I explained "Did you forget that Becky rebounded my head off of the floor, twice. Asuka cross-bodied me, three times, which made me fall backwards and hit my head three times. And I quite literally threw myself head first into the post. You're taking things out on yourself and they're not even your fault." She chuckled to herself and looked at me "promise you're okay?" She said to me with desperation in her voice "I promise. you'll never be one to hurt me, it's not possible, you care too much" I said to her smiling. And for the first time in a week she returned that smile, she leant over to me and drew my face closer to hers. Our lips weren't quite touching and she managed to whisper a sweet 'I love you' before kissing me, I leant back and she pulled herself closer to me and when we pulled away neither of us could hide our smiles from each Other "I missed this" I sai "I missed you." She replied before kissing me again. We were cut off by the sound of the front door opening and Aspen asking if a fried could stay for tea. We shouted back down to her  that as long as it was okay with their parents then yes. We talked for a little before heading downstairs to everyone. Downstairs sat Aspen and Lexi who were doing homework together and Amaya who was still colouring. We had been arranging her birthday party and it was almost completely ready other than the decorations and the cake. A lot of her friends from day care were coming over to celebrate and you had hired an entertainer to keep them company. We sat downstairs and watched movies on the tv before I slowly drifted off on Rheas shoulder.  I felt her lift me up and place me in bed before getting in next to me. I snuggled into her chest and fell into a deeper sleep listening to Rhea's heartbeat.

(TOLD YA IT GETS BETTER!!! BTW THE NEXT CHAPTER ISN'T GOING TO BE A PROPER CHAPTER IT WILL BE A VOTE ON WEDDING VENUE, DRESS, CAKE ETC ! OKAY HAVE A GOOD DAY/NIGHT LOVE Y'ALL!!!)