Protecting them...

8th December 2022

Ben POV:

I only had one week of school left, and the bullies had laid off of me for a while now because of my moms, I couldn't say the same for Venus, who had been going through Hell over the past few weeks with all of the bullying, I had been helping them as much as I could but I didn't want to get suspended or worse, a few of the boys had moved schools, but there was still at least five of them constantly badgering Venus because they knew Ve wouldn't react the same way I would. Venus was tired of it and so was I, but I literally couldn't do anything about it, not during school hours at least. Right now it was hour lunch break and I could feel their eyes burning holes in the back of my head. I was pissed off and Venus, as well as a few of my other friend could tell by my face. "Ben, just don't say anything, hang on a little longer, okay?" Venus said, nudging my shoulder. "It's not fair, Ve, why do we get punished for defending ourselves and they don't get punished for being complete assholes" I raised my voice so that the guys behind us could hear us. "Got something to say Bennett?" one of them said, standing up. I stood up and responded "Maybe, what you goin' do about it, huh, let me beat the crap out of you again?!" he tried to square up but retaliated when I stepped towards him, but I sat back down when Venus took my hand ad signalled towards the teacher that was staring at me with cold eyes. The guys all laughed when I sat back down, if it weren't for the teachers in the room, I would've fought them all. 

I had grit my teeth for way too long now and I was ready to burst, so when the end of the day came and I was held back for the instance at lunch, I knew something was going happen to Venus, and maybe some of my other friends as well. Sure enough when I left the classroom and headed to the front yard, Venus was on the ground, fighting to escape well they were held down by four guys and one on top of them. I was done playing nice, if they wanted to play dirty then so would I. I stormed over there and threw my bag at one of the guys before kicking Jake, who was on top of Venus, in the jaw. With two people gone Venus was able to get free with the help of our friends. I climbed on top of Jake and began punching the ever-living Christ out of him, when he fell limp his friends, Ollie, Miles, and Brody jumped in to save him. Ollie and Brodie held me up by my arms while Miles began to punch and kick me in my face and gut. It hurt pretty badly, but I still had a lot of fight in me, I just needed to get my arms free. Eventually, he got closer to me and I headbutted him before spitting in miles' face, I would never do that usually but I literally couldn't do anything else. With on arm free I was able to pull Brodie over my shoulder and onto the floor, I didn't know what cam over me but I just began stomping at his arm that I was holding until I heard a pop and he began to scream in pain. I turned and faced Brodie and James who had finally stood back up after taking a bag to the back of the head. Both of them retreated but they grabbed their friends before leaving. I sighed and met the look of my teachers who were staring at me "What." "Ben-" "NO! I'm sorry but I'm done with this bullshit protection detail, you didn't even look over here until I got involved! They're the problem! Not me! I'm just trying to protect my friends!" I yelled at them, some of them were smiling but trying to hide it. they just sighed and turned away, they knew I was right and they couldn't fight it anymore. 

My schoolmates all began cheering and clapping and as I turned around I was met with Venus. "Why did you stop them?" They said, taking my hand in theirs as we began walking, "You're my friend, and I care about you" "I care about you too" "No, Ve, I care about you more than anyone else at this school" I began to quiet down towards the end of my sentence but they obviously heard e, and they stopped in their tracks. "Ve?" I turned around and they were smiling at me "Cmon br-" I was stopped by their lips meeting mine, after momentary hesitation, I kissed back. they pulled away after a second "I like you Ben" they said raising their eyebrows at me as I thought of how to reply "I like you too, Venus" I laughed as they wiped away some of the blood around my nose and mouth. We continued walking and I sighed "What's wrong?"

"I gotta tell my moms"