Mysterio

15th July 2022

The judgment day had been unleashing attacks on Rey and Dominik Mysterio, I usually wouldn't mind, but something about this just seemed off, Rhea had put it down to me overthinking everything but I trusted my gut and I had a feeling that this would end badly. Not for everyone, but for me, and for Demi. I didn't know why I felt like this but I did, and there was no changing that.

I knew that I wasn't being told something, they had told me about a new recruit, and I knew they had their eye on Dom, but they were also thinking of a storyline and they were leaving details out, it was pissing me off but I grit my teeth and moved on. We were heading over to the Smackdown arena to compete in our first tag team match since we got the titles, it was against two NXT superstars that wanted to be drafted onto the main roster, and what better way to do it than to attempt to take the championships from the current champions, if they failed, they'd go back to NXT. which wasn't necessarily a bad thing, but anyway, our competitors were strong, and a good team, Zoey Stark and Nikita Lyons, but we worked better together, and one half of us was an extreme powerhouse, and I, the other half, was a submission magician. I was already wearing my gear as I had tried it on to see it it fit and couldn't be bothered to take it off, I still had to go through hair and makeup though so I would still probably take a while, which was okay because we were early.

 I was already wearing my gear as I had tried it on to see it it fit and couldn't be bothered to take it off, I still had to go through hair and makeup though so I would still probably take a while, which was okay because we were early

we headed into the ring upon our cue and waited for the match to begin

we headed into the ring upon our cue and waited for the match to begin. I was on the apron, Rhea was in the ring with Zoey but after a few moments of being brutalised she tagged in Nikita. The boys were with us at ringside as well which was a plus. For a while Rhea had the offence but Lyons had targeted a spot that she knew would cause a lot of damage, rhea's mouth, she still had the brace on her teeth so she knew she had to drop the second her mout was hit, and that's exactly what she did. But that gave Nikita a chance to make contact with a split-leg drop. She pinned rhea but her ring awareness enabled her to break the pin via placing her foot on the ropes. Nikita began to show frustration which was lucky for us because it gave Rhea time to crawl over and tag me in. I climbed the ropes and crossbodied Lyons, sending her into the mat.

After she kicked out of my pin I looked over at Rhea, she had an idea, so, I stomped at Nikita's shoulder for a short moment and tagged my wife in, she tapped her shoulders, alerting me to jump onto them, so I did. She carried me over to Nikita who was laid out, frozen, on the canvas, but was slowly rising to her feet. Once she was stood up, rhea lifted me off her shoulders and I performed a hurricanrana onto Lyons, swinging her into our corner, Rhea tagged me back in and I told her to sort Zoey out so I had nobody in my way. I watched her walk over to the opposite side of the ring then I turned around to find myself being set up for a DDT, I countered by twisting Nikita's arm behind her and driving my knees into her back.

She dropped to the canvas and I had time to lock her into the Kirifuda clutch, she was already pretty weak and tired so after moments of trying and failing to escape she began to fade. I had to admit, she was strong willed, and determined, she continued to try and reach for the ropes but I pulled her away every time, but eventually she fell limp, and her she stopped struggling. She was out, the ref called the match and my music began to play in the ring and I rose to my feet, Demi taking my hand in hers and our titles were handed back to u. W not only had retained, but we had also sealed the fate of two, they'd return to NXT now that they failed to secure our titles.

*time skip*

The judgment day and I had been celebrating for a while, but they had been secretive, we were at my and Dem's home and celebrating our win, but right at this moment, Ben had come downstairs saying he couldn't sleep, he was still very much missing Venus. Once I had settled Ben, I headed back downstairs and overheard a conversation, one they were having without me. "I just think it'll be a good storyline, so does Finn." Damian said, he didn't realise that I was here and listening to the conversation, none of them did. "I don't know. I mean, it's going to interfere with mine and Y/N's storyline, she won't like it." my wife said "Just think about it dem, I mean, Dominik will be a great addition, and as much as I love the storyline you have with Y/N, taking this one with Dom will probably be a lot more spontaneous, and beneficial for us" Finn added. They wanted to replace my storyline? No, Demi wouldn't do that. she would say no. Right?  "okay, I need to think about it. but, you guys, not a word to Y/N. Not until I've made the decision." shit. I thought about my next actions and decided on one thing, play dumb. If they wanted to keep secrets from me, then so be it, I would keep playing dumb, until it came time, when she makes her decision, I'll make mine. 

Stay, or leave, it was ultimately her decision. She just didn't know it yet.