hospital

"o-oh okay Lita go find your mom, or friends I've got ben now, he'll be okay. I'll text Zak (Lita's dad) later to tell you how he's doing." I said, trying my hardest not to snap and find the pieces of shit that hurt my son. I watched Lita run off as the Ambulance doors shut and we were driven away. We were about half way there when I noticed Ben gaining consciousness, so did the paramedic in the back with me. "Mum... It hurts. My leg hurts!" He kept repeating those words paired with screams of agony and tears, it broke my heart but I had to stay strong for him. "Hey baby it's okay, shh you're okay, don't move it'll hurt more." I held him still while the medic pulled out a syringe and attached a needle "woah! woah! what is that?" I said grabbing his wrist and stopping him from completing the injection "40mg of the local anaesthetic, he's not allergic is he?" The paramedic replied looking directly at me "n-no, sorry I'm just cautious about everything now. Ben? Look we're nearly there okay? Do you remember what happened?" I asked him, stroking his forehead.

"Yeah, hard to forget to be honest. Saw the boys, they were picking on Lita so I went over to them, told ve to stay behind and when the boys saw me they shouted for their brothers" "how many?" "3. Ian Crawley Mickey Parker and James Marsh" "age?" "16, older maybe" "great we can get them convicted!" My sons expression changed "no! Don't! They'll keep coming for me!" "Not if they're locked up, you better hope your mom doesn't find out until later because she won't stop until they're all six feet under" I replied as we pulled into the hospital parking lot, the paramedic looked concerned About the conversation I had been having with my son, I didn't care, I meant every word spoken.

*Time skip*

I had been sitting in the hospital for 5 hours now and it was  nearing 10pm. The x-ray showed that the break was clean other than a few fragments that would have to be removed surgically once a bed was free. "Mrs Bennett are you aware that if we cannot reset your son's bone he will have to have a metal frame fitted." My heart sank as Ben's doctor spoke to me "but that- he's training! He's in martial arts!" "I-I'm sorry but the good news is the chance of the frame being fitted is extremely slim." A push of relief overcame my body, I had to stay hopeful, for my son. All of a sudden, Demi came rushing with Venus and were asking for Ben. "Dem over here!" I shouted alarming her to run over to us "why isn't he on a proper ward!?" She asked very clearly distressed "they don't have any bed open in the operation ward.." "operation! What do you mean?" "He's got to have a few fragments removed, the rest is a clean break. If they can't reset his bone, he'll be put in a frame, permanently, something about his bone shifting, but it's a slim chance of that happening.." "Good... Gia's at ours keeping an eye on Maya, why don't you go home, sleep a little." I shook my head at my wife "I'm not going anywhere, not until he's on a proper ward" she nodded and brought me into a hug.

"Dr Wildman! A bed has just opened on the children's surgery ward for Benjamin Bennett, he can go rights now with parental consent!" One of the receptionists said from the front desk to my son's doctor, who quickly rushed over with forms for me and Demi to fill out. "How much will it be?" I asked, worried about the cost "your insurance should cover it, he'll be okay, just sign here and here and we'll take him straight to the operating room." Our doctor replied, I looked at where she had pointed and signed the forms as quickly as I could, and just like that, my son was wheeled away from us. Not long after we were asked to leave as visiting hours concluded. I was worried about him and was reluctant to leave but eventually I left with demi pulling me away by my hand. "Did he tell you who did it?" She asked me after climbing in the car, I couldn't lie to her, so I didn't. "You know the arseholes from school? Apparently they have older brothers. Ian Crawley Mickey Parker and James Marsh" she seemed to perk up at the names I had given "right. I know all of them, pieces of shit. How old did he say they were?" "16 and up. Why?" "Bullshit, Crawley's 21st was a few weeks ago, Parker is 20 and marsh turns 19 in a few days. They're all adults, technically." I was gob smacked when I heard their real age, but I couldn't kick off, not yet.

*Time skip*

I was the first one awake because, well I didn't sleep, I got an hour tops. I made Demi go to sleep because one of us needed enough energy to look after the kids today, besides I wanted to see my son. He sent me a photo at 4 in the morning of him with his thumbs up, he told me his phone was nearly dead so I didn't speak with him for long. I packed him a bag with some loose, comfy clothing so he wasn't stuck in his hospital gown, as well as a phone charger, headphones and his toothbrush, I knew he'd be staying for at least a few days so I made sure to pack for multiple days while he waited to be discharged, which I knew would take a few days because he'd have to have stitches removed. I got up at around 6:00AM so that I knew I had time, I accidentally woke up demi while getting ready but she wanted to come with me so I didn't stop her, she'd have to take Maya to daycare anyway so it was good that she was up. By the time I finished getting dressed demi had moved on to getting Maya ready and I went to wake Venus up.

"You ready?" Demi's voice came from behind me after I got ve up, "

"You ready?" Demi's voice came from behind me after I got ve up, "..yeah, I know he's alright. It's just wierd not having him home." She nodded, pulling my hair to one side "he's strong, besides he's gonna have one badass scar." She chuckled into my neck, leaving small kisses on my neck before picking Maya up "see ya!" She shouted leaving and shutting the door behind her.

When me and Venus arrived at the hospital my immediate focus was on my son. "Hi! How are you?" I asked kissing Ben's forehead "mum! Stop. I'm fine, they're taking my stitches out tomorrow and putting on a cast, I gotta wear the cast for about 8 weeks... Does mum know who did it?" I nodded, "couldn't lie to her.. Venus is here, they went to get some food, I brought you your essentials, it'll be nice to have you home..." He smiled "yeah, I can't wait to get back in my own bed... These beds are uncomfy as fu-" "language!!"

We talked for a while, I gave Ben some time with ve on his own before recieving a call from my wife "hey, the little shits that did this to Ben are all getting convicted. Someone fucking caught the entire fight on video!"

Holy shit...