Remembering him

20TH NOVEMBER 2022]

A few months had passed since E/N had been let out, and I had been on edge since his release. So Demi had planned a day out for us both; just to clear the air and so I could get everything off my chest, and she meant everything. She had a good idea of noticing when something was up with me and she was very good at surprising me with little spa trips and dates if I needed them. The kids would be hanging out with Gia today so I didn't have to worry about them; they loved hanging around at Gionna's farm and she offered to let them stay at her place for the night; they obviously loved the idea and I was happy with her looking after them for the night and so was Demi. They left at about 8:00am this morning and it was now 9:30am and had just thrown some clothes on; Demi had cooked us some bacon and eggs ready for when I came down; and I was quick to eat because I knew if I ate slowly I wouldn't stomach anything with all of the anxiety that was building up inside of me. 

"you ready to go?" She asked, kissing my forehead, to which I slowly nodded at her

"you ready to go?" She asked, kissing my forehead, to which I slowly nodded at her. I had been pretty silent and spaced out all morning without realising, so it wasn't too worrying for Rhea when I was answering with as little words as possible. We got in the car and I put some headphones on; but I made sure to keep them on low so I could hear her if she wanted to talk. The drive was pretty much silent but she held onto my hand for as long as she could while driving us into town. I didn't know what she had planned for us but I had my full trust in her. "we gotta walk a little, but it's not far, I promise" "Okay that's fine" She smiled at me and I responded with one of my own while she helped my out of the passenger side. She took my body closer to her by wrapping her arm around the back of my neck. She knew I was spacing out a lot and wanted me to feel safe. We walked for about five minutes and stopped in front of a spa "another spa?" "yeah, this one's a little different though, trust" I chuckled at her and allowed her to lead me inside "uhh yeah, appointment for ten o'clock, under the name Bennet" "oh, yes I see you right here, right this way" The receptionist brought us up the stairs and into a dressing room "feel free to change into the complimentary robes; it's recommended for the massage and wax treatment" "okay" She left the room and now it was just me and Demi again. She began to undress right down to her underwear before slipping into a robe. I did the same and then sat down. 

"why is he troubling you this time?" she said sighing and talking my hands "how did you-" "he's the only person that can make you this silent, now come on, what's going on." i sighed and broke down into her arms; she hugged me tightly and tried to calm me down "It's mine and his anniversary today, and all of the memories, they just-" "shhh, hey it's okay, it's all just bad memories, and he can't hurt you anymore, yeah" I nodded and continued to cry "I can't get rid of him Demi, he's everywhere" I sobbed and she continued to empathise with me and work in favour for me "talk to me, tell me everything" she said, pulling my head into her chest. "the first time he hit me, I filed a report, and the police did nothing to stop him, I went back to him out of fear that he would take me forcefully, and it didn't stop and it doesn't matter what I do he's always gonna be here and he's always gonna make me remember, and I can't fucking do it anymore, I can't go through this again" "and you won't, you don't ever have to go back to him while I'm around, I swear nothing is gonna stop me from protecting you, and I mean nothing" I nodded at her and stopped crying. "you know, when he forced a miscarriage on me, that was the worst pain I have ever felt in my entire life, and if I had to go through it again the only thing I would want is for it to kill me the second time around" "hey, look at me, don't think like that, you never have to think like that ever again, he won't ever touch you like that ever again, do you understand me?" I nodded and wiped the tears away from my cheek, she cupped my face and helped me control my breathing "there you go, that's real good, come on, calm yourself, we gotta leave this goddamn changing room before they come to check in on us, I took one final deep breath before taking her hand and exiting the room. Staff brought us over to a room with two chairs and two massage beds, we were situated next to each other on the massage chairs and two specialists came in to start with a paraffin wax treatment.  

After a few hours of spa treatments we went back home and I talked to her about every last detail of my life with E/N and she listened and aided me through it. She was acting as a trauma release and my respect grew for her immensely, she didn't know how it felt, but she communicated her understanding in a way that made me fall in love with her a million times over and over again, she helped me realise that I wasn't alone anymore, and that I was free from the man I was trapped with for a lot of my life.

Or was I...