Gauntlet Match

FEB 14TH 2022 7:50PM

I was nervous. Rhea had drawn the number 1 spot in the gauntlet match. Nikki drew number 2, liv number 3, Alexa number 4, me number 5 and bianca number 6. The match started at 8:00pm which meant I had 10 minutes to talk to my wife "don't hold back. I know you hate it but do not, if you make it all the way to me I do not want you to hold back." I held on to either side of her face, pressing my forehead against hers "Y/N I know love I won't hold back and who knows I might not make it that far-" I stopped her from talking "don't think like that. You will make it this far, just try your best-" "rhea we're ready for you" "don't hold back! Whatever happens I love you!" I said as she walked away from me, this caught the attention of Bianca who walked over to me.

"She'll do great. I know it. You know it. So stop worrying about her" bianca pulled me into a hug and sat me down. I knew she was right but I still worried about her, she was my wife, I had to worry, but I of course had my full faith in her. I watched her absolutely obliterate Nikki then followed liv with my eyes as she made her way to the ring, if I was worried before, I was even more worried now, rhea was tired, like really tired now and she still had to keep on going, I was worried about having to go against her in such a state. My match would be soon so I had to get changed, but first I had hair and makeup to go to.
Makeup:

Hairstyle:

Hairstyle:

I thanked the stylist and headed to the locker room to get changed, when I entered I saw both liv and Nikki, which meant that demi was one step closer to facing me

I thanked the stylist and headed to the locker room to get changed, when I entered I saw both liv and Nikki, which meant that demi was one step closer to facing me. I went over to my bag and pulled out my gear "is she okay?" I looked at liv who nodded at me "yeah she's fine, I don't know how long she'll last though, she's really tired" I finished getting changed in complete silence.

She was a great fighter but I knew she was running out of energy, if she made it past this round against Alexa I'd have to face her next- "RHEA RIPLEY HAS ADVANCED TO THE NEXT ROUND!" I heard the announcer shout into her Mic

She was a great fighter but I knew she was running out of energy, if she made it past this round against Alexa I'd have to face her next- "RHEA RIPLEY HAS ADVANCED TO THE NEXT ROUND!" I heard the announcer shout into her Mic. I walked out of the locker room to see my exhausted wife in the centre of the ring, Alexa now making her exit, rhea looked like she was ready to give up, her makeup was messy from the constant fighting, she stood up waiting for my entrance and then I was cued in.

I walked down, paying attention to my fans before climbing into the ring, I made eye contact with demi and my heart broke, i pulled her in to a hug and felt her chest rising and falling, she hugged me back and I immediately knew she was trying her hardest not to get emotional. I felt sick, she was exhausted, I couldn't put her through to another round, it hurt me knowing that no matter what, I had to eliminate her. The ref called for the bell and I went for the attack right away. I wanted to get this over as quick as I could so she could rest. I backed her into the corner before pulling her feet from under her, I dragged demi away from the ropes and covered her. "1! 2!" Kick out. I pulled her to her feet and she chained together some offence, springing herself off the ropes into a dropkick. She covered me but I kicked out immediately, rhea then kneed me a few times but before I hit the floor I grabbed the back of her head and pulled her over my shoulder, I made sure she was alright secretly before covering her. Kick out. It was almost as if she wanted to continue even though she knew she couldn't. I pleaded with her to let me win for her sake, I stayed on offence for as long as I could. When she hit the floor I pulled her left arm and right leg toward myself, placing my fort on her back, this is my signature submission 'jinxx cross' I continued to ask her to give up and she hung on for a while before she tapped. I let go of her straight away, dropping to the floor and pulling her into me, I was on the verge of tear but I was glad this was over for her "I'm so sorry. I love you"

I helped my wife up and the referee pulled my arm into the air, it dropped the moment he let go and I hugged rhea one last time before she had to leave, I didn't want to let go, I didn't want to continue, I just wanted to go home and take care of her, just like she does with me. "I promise, I'll make it up to you." I said finally breaking the hug. I watched with teary eyes as my wife hobbled backstage, clutching her ribs on the right side of her body. My heart was racing I felt like my lungs were on fire but I also knew that if I won against bianca I'd have the biggest advantage in the elimination chamber. And... black, I couldn't see a thing, I knew what was happening, my nerves were shutting down from the pressure that I was facing, I alerted the ref just as I hit the floor. He called medical over and I explained my situation "I just need a break, I'll be fine I just panicked" I continued repeating, to which no one listened and then I heard that Aussie accent that I absolutely loved "mate she needs a break, it'll be like nothing happened in a few minutes. Give her space" I heard her crouch down next to me, flinching slightly when her hand gripped mine. "Y/N I'm here, I'm not going anywhere until you can look me in the face and tell me that you're alright" she said, we sat there for a few minutes until my vision started coming back, I was able to stand again after a minute or two "I'm alright now, I promise, we can continue" they did a few more checks on me, just to be safe before bianca's music cued....